Toy Story Land opening day reports (June 30 2018)

Bob Harlem

Wow, it's like Comic Con but with less sweating...

;)

It's stupidly humid today, those folks are walking water fountains.

Another interesting photo:

They are staggering crowds into the land since it's really fairly small, and even worse, a dead end (probably more of a fire code thing than guest satisfaction), so it just can't handle this type of crowd. For star wars land, it'll be like this just entering the park (lines back to Boardwalk resort?)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Toy-Story-Land_Full_33035.jpg

djkidkaz

I have to agree with this. I'll never understand the "First Fetish", as I call it. I gotta be first!! I gotta be there opening day!!!!

Is the ride or land going to be any different in 5 days, 5 weeks, 5 months? Is there some sort of extra ride or attraction which will only be showcased to those who were drooling at the gates before opening on Day 1? I simply don't get it.

But despite my feelings, I do wish those of you who are there today and are braving the crowds a really good time. Just because it isn't my cup 'o tea doesn't mean others shouldn't enjoy First Day fever.

Pretty hypocritical of you Batman, considering you just HAVE to be the first guy to every crime scene!

huwar18

I want to say the best part of Toy Story Land will be minimizing other attraction lines around the park. However, there are only like 3 other attractions in the park. I wonder is there any way to open a new part of a park without a three hour wait to get into that part? When Harry Potter opened I waited 2 hours to get in on the first day. It is crazy.

Walt d

First let me say I was not sure about how I was going to feel about this land, but after looking at videos and pictures now that it is opened it seems like it has the potential to be pretty fun, and I'm excited to see it in Nov!

On another note, I am sorry there are few things in life worth waiting 5 HOURS for, slinky no matter how good is not one of them! That wait time is insane!!!
If the coaster ride is only 2 min, as we read yesterday on this site why is the ride not longer “ there must be a way with math to, figure this out, so it could be longer. After all it’s in the air so it’s not in the way of anything else so it could have been longer ride. 2 min, was mr toads ride.4 hours for 2 min, i dont know. But it looks fun.

Space Mountain

If the coaster ride is only 2 min, as we read yesterday on this site why is the ride not longer “ there must be a way with math to, figure this out, so it could be longer. After all it’s in the air so it’s not in the way of anything else so it could have been longer ride. 2 min, was mr toads ride.4 hours for 2 min, i dont know. But it looks fun.

The wait time for Slinky Dog Dash is currently extremely inflated to measure in the time it’s taking people to enter the land. Right now the actual wait is less than 90 minutes, even though that is still a long time to wait.

dreamscometrue

According to the TEA estimated attendance figures, we all know that major theme park land (Carsland, WWoHP, Pandora) tend to increase annual attendance by about 3 million guests, and it historically, seems to stay elevated. Other additions, like New Fantasyand make little difference (please correct me if that's wrong). So, for those who know about this kind of thing, do we think TSL will do anything to increase 2018 (and beyond) attendance, or will the number of guests stay flat even with this addition?

Gringrinngghost

According to the TEA estimated attendance figures, we all know that major theme park land (Carsland, WWoHP, Pandora) tend to increase annual attendance by about 3 million guests, and it historically, seems to stay elevated. Other additions, like New Fantasyand make little difference (please correct me if that's wrong). So, for those who know about this kind of thing, do we think TSL will do anything to increase 2018 (and beyond) attendance, or will the number of guests stay flat even with this addition?
Numbers will be up for a bit, when SWL opens next year, that should be the main bump. However that's my 2 cents.

dreamscometrue

First let me say I was not sure about how I was going to feel about this land, but after looking at videos and pictures now that it is opened it seems like it has the potential to be pretty fun, and I'm excited to see it in Nov!

On another note, I am sorry there are few things in life worth waiting 5 HOURS for, slinky no matter how good is not one of them! That wait time is insane!!!

I agree completely about the land. I grew up with all those toys, so can't wait to explore.

And, also on another note...I have had 15 visits to WDW of a week or longer, in the past 10 years, and have never waited more than 25-30 min. max. for anything. But, I've done everything multiple times (including all the e-tickets). I just don't understand why people would wait so long for a few minutes of fun, but it's even more puzzling to me when it's not necessary. I just don't get it. Besides my family vacations, I've been taking groups of 35-50 people annually. By getting to the parks early (half hour before rope drop or EMH; one hour before at DAK for Pandora), and using fastpass wisely, we've had our large group able to do all the biggies, sometimes repeatedly during the vaca, along with all the night shows, smaller attractions, etc. Why do people wait so long in the queues? I am not being rude, but cannot comprehend it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom