Toy Story Land Grand Opening Logistics

begood524

Original Poster
As someone who is going to be there on the grand opening, I'm curious to know: is Disney going to follow an opening procedure similar to what they did with Pandora, where the dedication ceremony was held a few days before the actual grand opening and on opening day guests were just let in with no fanfare, or is there going to be a ceremony and all on the 30th?

cjkeating

As someone who is going to be there on the grand opening, I'm curious to know: is Disney going to follow an opening procedure similar to what they did with Pandora, where the dedication ceremony was held a few days before the actual grand opening and on opening day guests were just let in with no fanfare, or is there going to be a ceremony and all on the 30th?

I doubt there will be a public ceremony. I'm not sure if these even happen anymore.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The press event is a few days before the 30th, so expect June 30 to be regular operating with no fanfare

LUVofDIS

I understand why the use of a press event, but I wish that companies would do more to show the general public that they are worthy of a grand opening. Like I said, I understand, but I totally disagree. I especially hate when celebrities are given special events and or treatment. I personally just don't get it. I totally get that it draws attention to the companies but in the end it is the general public that makes or breaks the company or the said event.

Skibum1970

I would have an event with a speech and then cut a ribbon to open it to everyone. No special treatment. Although, for myself, I wouldn't even attempt to be there when it opens. I don't like being trampled or to have the back of my ankles rammed by a stroller.

Mob mentality is worse than herd mentality.

Cmdr_Crimson

How are they going to spill out guest overflow after they had gone through TSL? Are they going to the side by Buzz and reroute back to Pixar Place for the time being even tho it's becoming a backstage area? At least Pandora had 2 ways through it to get in and out and until Galaxy's edge open it becomes a dead end.

ptaylor

Premium Member
I understand why the use of a press event, but I wish that companies would do more to show the general public that they are worthy of a grand opening. Like I said, I understand, but I totally disagree. I especially hate when celebrities are given special events and or treatment. I personally just don't get it. I totally get that it draws attention to the companies but in the end it is the general public that makes or breaks the company or the said event.
Yep, "media" will be flown in from around the country, put up in deluxe resorts, given food and drink with the red carpet treatment. And in most cases, all Disney will get out of it is the "media" posting some phone shots to their social and reposting a press release.

Then the next day it turns over to the paying guests, who will get nothing but hours of queuing for two 65 second rides.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yep, "media" will be flown in from around the country, put up in deluxe resorts, given food and drink with the red carpet treatment. And in most cases, all Disney will get out of it is the "media" posting some phone shots to their social and reposting a press release.

Then the next day it turns over to the paying guests, who will get nothing but hours of queuing for two 65 second rides.

Yup. And maybe even a couple of C/D list 'celebrities' to top things off.

Can't wait to see what crowds are like for DHS in July. I recall someone saying TSL would make DHS crowd levels "crazy". :hilarious:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I did confirm the the dedication moment will be on Friday for invited guests only. I wouldn't be surprised to see the official Disney blog live stream it however.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom