Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kate F

I made an RNRC thread earlier today in General Discussion, so if people want to talk about it some more, they can go there.

sedati

There were different kinds of accelerators/boosters for toys that Andy may have had, or more likely inherited from his dad. What I'm picturing happening is that we'll come to a full stop below the bridge. We'll hear a revving up sound (Hopefully sounding like the Evil Knieval Stunt Cycle) that builds until we blast off. At night those rings may light up, and as we zoom past, those orange turbines on either side will spin.
Toot my own horn time:
Stumbled upon this old post. Pretty spot on.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney had a Toy Story ride before they bought Pixar.
They had a Star Wars ride before they bought Lucasfilm.
They had an Avatar ride before they bought 21st Century Fox.

So they should just buy Aerosmith!

That means Disney should buy Columbia and Geffen record labels!!

And...
Disney had a Muppet attraction before they bought the Muppets.

Feels odd there was no Marvel attraction before buying that. Breaks the pattern.

Since they have a Twilight Zone themed ride, then it's clear they're about to buy CBS!

Last edited:

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
That means Disney should by Columbia and Geffen record labels!!

And...
Disney had a Muppet attraction before they bought the Muppets.

Feels odd there was no Marvel attraction before buying that. Breaks the pattern.

Since they have a Twilight Zone themed ride, then it's clear they're about to buy CBS!

That would be awesome. A proper Star Trek land and maybe even a bar based on Cheers.

Tom Morrow

Haven't really seen this discussed anywhere... does anyone have an explanation or image that explains how the old Toy Story Mania queue was converted into the new one? I can never figure out where we even are in relation to the old queue until reaching the merge point where the stairs to tracks 1 and 2 are visible.

MagicHappens1971

Haven't really seen this discussed anywhere... does anyone have an explanation or image that explains how the old Toy Story Mania queue was converted into the new one? I can never figure out where we even are in relation to the old queue until reaching the merge point where the stairs to tracks 1 and 2 are visible.
I think it was mostly parts of the third track queue? I can’t remember but I’ll try and dig into it and see if I have something saved or find something somewhere

gerarar

Premium Member
Nothing new, but BlogMickey did a throwback of the work that went into building/constructing TSL...
34FCD777-AE28-499A-9604-BFD3E9FE2898.jpeg

7689AE85-8C70-4DC2-A916-3AB55052C7F6.jpeg

5F49979B-34EC-4436-94C6-46D9DF352C6B.jpeg

B71B1A74-9770-43FD-B9EF-EE777D3CBD06.jpeg

Kinda really miss looking at construction updates from the parks now...

Source:

The Grand Inquisitor

Nothing new, but BlogMickey did a throwback of the work that went into building/constructing TSL...
View attachment 462982
View attachment 462983
View attachment 462985
View attachment 462986

Kinda really miss looking at construction updates from the parks now...

Source:

That's pretty cool. It's nuts to see Toy Story and Star Wars at the park all done. It seems like it was yesterday speculating how the lands would turn out. I remember going to Star Wars Weekends in May 2015 and going to the park to find out they were building a Star Wars land. My family was so excited and we all speculated on what it might be.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It beats the homemade recreations of favourite rides. Please, no more. How many times can you film people going down the stairs in a laundry basket and call it Splash, Pirates, Frozenstrom ...?

Just wait until day 100 of your confinement: you'll be putting on a sock puppet version of Great Moments in History from the windows of your house!

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
It beats the homemade recreations of favourite rides. Please, no more. How many times can you film people going down the stairs in a laundry basket and call it Splash, Pirates, Frozenstrom ...?
So you wouldn't want the video of me shining a strobe light at a passing sasquatch while recreating Everest?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom