Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

brettf22

Premium Member
If that is still happening. They have been having an issue with the fire curtain in that section of the queue. If the curtain is not working properly, they cannot have guests in that area. It is a fire hazard.
Here are pics showing both sides of the fire curtain in question. From the first part of the main queue, it’s right behind the Etch-a-sketch. I’m guessing this is the area where the original TSM building meets the newer building, since that is often where fire curtains are used.

A couple of points to note. In the second pic, you can see where they had actually tried to tape the edge of the curtain to the wall (black tape on the right side). And the last time I rode, they had covered the entire fire curtain with a blue fabric curtain, I’m assuming for aesthetic reasons.
3FCA9B8A-E3FF-40AA-9CEF-02AD53725AED.jpeg
B14AD0EE-D68E-49E1-B84B-C9A9A391BAB0.jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Is there a expansion pad for the land to add additional shows or rides?
Not a real expansion pad but there are backstage buildings which could be used for expansion if desired.

2B9AE685-C08F-43BA-874F-67303C47CBE6.jpeg

The area circled in red is a parking garage for CMs. I don’t know if they would spend the money to remove that and then they would need to find parking somewhere else. Parking garages are expensive to build. The area in blue is a few backstage buildings and a parking lot. It’s possible they could use that area if they really wanted to expand.

The Grand Inquisitor

Not a real expansion pad but there are backstage buildings which could be used for expansion if desired.

View attachment 410578

The area circled in red is a parking garage for CMs. I don’t know if they would spend the money to remove that and then they would need to find parking somewhere else. Parking garages are expensive to build. The area in red is a few backstage buildings and a parking lot. It’s possible they could use that area if they really wanted to expand.
Thanks for the info! Do you think Disney would want to expand the land?

DisneyDreamerxyz

Yeah it sounds really cool. But I think the land should have an additional show and ride. Imagine a Woodys Roundup AA show and a Toy Story dark ride.
I love the land especially at night with the lights but I def agree there's not alot to do or spaces to hangout in it. as said above I highly doubt they would tear down any additional buildings so we're stuck with what we got.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
they've already torn down two additional buildings to build a Toy Story Table-Service Restaurant called "Woody's Roundup Barbecue".
I think that’s the 2 small buildings at the bottom of the blue box from the picture above.

I think if they use any of the other backstage areas in that area it would be to build a show building with an entrance in current animation courtyard area. I think Toy Story is mostly done.

WDW Pro

View attachment 410578

The area circled in red is a parking garage for CMs. I don’t know if they would spend the money to remove that and then they would need to find parking somewhere else. Parking garages are expensive to build. The area in blue is a few backstage buildings and a parking lot. It’s possible they could use that area if they really wanted to expand.

Neither the Animation Building nor the Cast Parking Garage are likely to ever be demolished in the next 20 years.

Monorail_Orange

Neither the Animation Building nor the Cast Parking Garage are likely to ever be demolished in the next 20 years.
I realize this could come across as argumentative/contrarian, but it's not intended as anything like that. With that context, why? Is it because the structures haven't depreciated enough yet, or something else? (I completely get it would be a very expensive way to add to guest area in the park, not arguing that, just curious if there's a bigger fish.)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Considering everything that was removed for SWL and TSL, I find that hard to believe, especially for the Animation Building which seems to be unsuited to retrofit a ride in there.

As for shows for TSL, there's always a back entrance through WDP to get to the Mermaid theater...

mikejs78

Premium Member
Considering everything that was removed for SWL and TSL, I find that hard to believe, especially for the Animation Building which seems to be unsuited to retrofit a ride in there.

As for shows for TSL, there's always a back entrance through WDP to get to the Mermaid theater...
Also to say that nothing for 20 years is a bit of a stretch. There will be completely different management 5 years from now, let alone 20...

Jones14

I don’t know, though. There’s the black box ride, the Star Wars expansion pad, Star Tours, Indiana Jones, and the spot next to Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster when it comes to things/areas they’ve apparently eyed for changing.

If the parking garage is below all of those on the priority list, I could easily see it going another two decades relatively untouched.

WDW Pro

The parking garage I agree on. What makes the animation building unlikely to be repurposed or demolished? That seems like a prime spot for expansion since it’s right off of the main hub at the front of the park.

It's filled with management offices that would have to be relocated with an increasingly small space to do so at DHS. There are also lots of utilities that run in that area which would be a nightmare to reroute should the building be demoed for expansion. It can happen, but there are much better, much less expensive expansion pads already available.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Makes sense. Offices can always be relocated but if some of the decision makers work there it’s less likely. I know I hate having to move my stuff at work.

I would think the other side of the park including the stunt show would be the first choice for repurpose and/or expansion. I still think the park needs multiple new rides/attractions to fill it out and keep crowds better spread out.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's filled with management offices that would have to be relocated with an increasingly small space to do so at DHS. There are also lots of utilities that run in that area which would be a nightmare to reroute should the building be demoed for expansion. It can happen, but there are much better, much less expensive expansion pads already available.

Are you aware of any plans to connect RnRC with the rest of the park that isn't Sunset Blvd and doesn't require Launch Bay and Animation Building to be razed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom