Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Fox&Hound

Love your post and love that you loved it so much. I found the reality of the land to be much different after I actually visited. My wife and kids and I all loved it when we finally went to see it. I think that the land - aside from a lack of shade which still needs to be addressed - was a blast. My wife and I went early during EMHs and did all 3 rides within an hour. Slinky Dog Dash is a great, fun coaster. And I also agree with what you said about the Alien Swirling Saucers ride. It was fun to ride, but it was so much better at night. Actually, the entire land comes alive at night with all of the lighting effects. My main issue was the lack of shade. Waiting in line in Summer for SDD is brutal, as is the lack of shade at the eating area. The food was great but I was sweating eating it.

I have learned to take things with a grain of salt also as everyone's own opinions vary. There was a period of time where I would read about how horrible things had become at the parks on the forum that I was almost dreading going. Then I would go and would see things VERY differently. Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much!

In truth, I did experience it on an overcast day, and I can only imagine waiting in line in the sun. Lack of shade and lack of store (still find that one an odd decision) are an issue. I also think one more small ride would be a nice addition. But I looooooooooooooooooooove this area. I think when Star Wars and Mickey come on board, DHS will be s STRONG second for my family in how we rank the parks =)

ChewbaccaYourMum

There was a period of time where I would read about how horrible things had become at the parks on the forum that I was almost dreading going. Then I would go and would see things VERY differently. Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much!
This right here is why I sometimes don't enjoy coming on here. So many downers who think they know how everything should be and hate anything new.

plutofan15

Well, I have decided. I love these boards and value its members, but I think I have to take everything said with a HUGE grain of salt from now on. Just got back from The World, and I can say with 100% honesty that Toy Story Land is oozing with charm. Wow! What an adorable addition to Hollywood Studious. Slinky Dong Dash had a lot more thrill than I ever anticipated and it is such a fun experience- a new family favorite. While I wish Aliens was longer in duration it is nowhere near the travesty others on here would have you believe. I can't fathom why people would hate TSL so much. Tons of details, great food at Woody's Lunch Box, and bright colors that put the rest of the studios to shame. We loooooooved this new land!

Agreed. My whole family found Slinky to be a very fun ride, one of everybody's favorites. I will agree that a sitdown restaurant would have been nice or at the very least, a larger Woody's Lunch Box with shading other than umbrellas.

flyerjab

This right here is why I sometimes don't enjoy coming on here. So many downers who think they know how everything should be and hate anything new.

I tend not to care as much anymore. I just look at it as though we have all come to love and appreciate these parks at different times and for different reasons. I only first went to WDW in 2009, so I missed MK in its innocence, and EPCOT Center in its heyday as well as the attempt at a working study park that was MGM. We get attached not only to certain rides or concepts, but there are things about these parks and resorts that are significant at certain times in our lives. We will never get them back once they have been changed - Wishes - or removed entirely - Horizons - and I get how mad or upset people can be. I have come to realize that these parks and resorts will always be at the whim and direction of people other than Walt. They will never remain the same moving forward. And that is the reality that I know and I am comfortable with. Let's face it. For me, this entire resort has been in a constant state of change since I first traveled here, starting with New Fantasy Land. It continued through DTD to DS, Pandora and other changes to DAK. Followed by more changes to DS, new DVC, and big changes to DHS. Now EPCOT is starting its long awaited transformation along with new resorts. This is the WDW that I know and am familiar with. And I enjoy it now more than ever.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Well, I have decided. I love these boards and value its members, but I think I have to take everything said with a HUGE grain of salt from now on. Just got back from The World, and I can say with 100% honesty that Toy Story Land is oozing with charm. Wow! What an adorable addition to Hollywood Studious. Slinky Dong Dash had a lot more thrill than I ever anticipated and it is such a fun experience- a new family favorite. While I wish Aliens was longer in duration it is nowhere near the travesty others on here would have you believe. I can't fathom why people would hate TSL so much. Tons of details, great food at Woody's Lunch Box, and bright colors that put the rest of the studios to shame. We loooooooved this new land!

I think my opinion is invalid since I missed this rethemeing. Interesting that they now have a ride for the kids and one for the adults.

ChewbaccaYourMum

I tend not to care as much anymore. I just look at it as though we have all come to love and appreciate these parks at different times and for different reasons. I only first went to WDW in 2009, so I missed MK in its innocence, and EPCOT Center in its heyday as well as the attempt at a working study park that was MGM. We get attached not only to certain rides or concepts, but there are things about these parks and resorts that are significant at certain times in our lives. We will never get them back once they have been changed - Wishes - or removed entirely - Horizons - and I get how mad or upset people can be. I have come to realize that these parks and resorts will always be at the whim and direction of people other than Walt. They will never remain the same moving forward. And that is the reality that I know and I am comfortable with. Let's face it. For me, this entire resort has been in a constant state of change since I first traveled here, starting with New Fantasy Land. It continued through DTD to DS, Pandora and other changes to DAK. Followed by more changes to DS, new DVC, and big changes to DHS. Now EPCOT is starting its long awaited transformation along with new resorts. This is the WDW that I know and am familiar with. And I enjoy it now more than ever.
Very well said. I have to agree with you.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

I've never care what anyone else thinks either. Except for my mom. When I let her down, not so good. I wonder if she posts on here.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Toy Story Land is like Kingdom Hearts 3.

There's a number of flaws. Very obvious and sometimes baffling flaws. Flaws that I can understand being deal breakers for some.

BUT it makes me happy. And there's enough incredible and amazingly well done things that the flaws just sort of melt away when I'm there/when I'm playing it. Sure there's no shade from the Florida sun and Sora is overpowered making combat boring, but I still spent the whole time smiling.

Kman101

Well, I have decided. I love these boards and value its members, but I think I have to take everything said with a HUGE grain of salt from now on. Just got back from The World, and I can say with 100% honesty that Toy Story Land is oozing with charm. Wow! What an adorable addition to Hollywood Studious. Slinky Dog Dash had a lot more thrill than I ever anticipated and it is such a fun experience- a new family favorite. While I wish Aliens was longer in duration it is nowhere near the travesty others on here would have you believe. I can't fathom why people would hate TSL so much. Tons of details, great food at Woody's Lunch Box, and bright colors that put the rest of the studios to shame. We loooooooved this new land!

It’s not nearly as bad as some try to make it out to be but I do wish they didn’t do the bare minimum and did a couple of things differently. But what they did do is well done. It’s just an easy land for some to knock.

ToTBellHop

Finally got to visit this land. It is very cute and we loved Slinky Dog Dash, a lot more fun than we were expecting. Hopefully they will address the shade before the summer heat this year.

This is a solid addition to DHS and with a couple of tweaks this could really be a great addition.
I felt the summer heat earlier this week!

For the record, I complain about foolish design decisions here and its absurd budget, but enjoy the land immensely with my kids. Slinky Dog is just a fun coaster. I’d probably complain if I waited 60 min for A S S, however.

mikejs78

Premium Member

For the record, I complain about foolish design decisions here and its absurd budget, but enjoy the land immensely with my kids. Slinky Dog is just a fun coaster. I’d probably complain if I waited 60 min for A S S, however.
I experienced TSL for the first time two weeks ago .. and I and my whole family loved it. Slinky dog was a lot of fun (my 8 year old's new favorite coaster), and the land has a lot of motion and energy, which is great. Sure it has it's flaws, but it was just a fun part of the park, and will be a nice balance to Galaxy's Edge next year.

I did wait 35 minutes for AS2, which was about 15 minutes too long. It's a cute, fun ride, but I don't think I would wait for more than 20 min for it again....

DHS needs one more really good land, along with some of the other incremental improvements to the rest of the park, but TSL + Galaxy's Edge + MMRR are going to make DHS a really good park (insane crowds notwithstanding).

rle4lunch

I experienced TSL for the first time two weeks ago .. and I and my whole family loved it. Slinky dog was a lot of fun (my 8 year old's new favorite coaster), and the land has a lot of motion and energy, which is great. Sure it has it's flaws, but it was just a fun part of the park, and will be a nice balance to Galaxy's Edge next year.

I did wait 35 minutes for AS2, which was about 15 minutes too long. It's a cute, fun ride, but I don't think I would wait for more than 20 min for it again....

DHS needs one more really good land, along with some of the other incremental improvements to the rest of the park, but TSL + Galaxy's Edge + MMRR are going to make DHS a really good park (insane crowds notwithstanding).

we're heading down in May, and ended up spending the money for the early morning magic thing. they way we look at it, you get multiple rides on TSL stuff and they feed you, so after some math it only come out to about $30/person to go this route. If AS2 is 90% as fun as Mater's tractors then it will be enjoyable. That ride is more fun than it should be.

CinematicFusion

Slinkydog is a great coaster. Very fun, rode with the family two weeks ago.
It does get hot in that part of the park though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom