Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Even though it is a little fuzzy, you can see in this film about The Haunted Mansion (at 4:43) that when it opened in WDW it did not have a covered walkway. I don't know how long after the opening they added the cover for the queue, but, if the quality of the picture showing the skeleton of the cover is a clue, it was a little while after the opening. Perhaps when they figured out that standing in the sun was not good. HoP and CBJ were not really countable because they had an internal queue area, but, did have a covered western front for overflow. I couldn't find any picture of that, but, I am assuming it was built that way.

HMs queue cover was added before summer 1973. Same for HoP. And I believe for CBJ too.

The point being they learnt from that mistake 45 years ago.

huwar18

point still stands....walking around with food when its 100 out....with 10,000 of your closest friends on all sides. no thanks. and some people dont accept it just the masses do and well thats who pays the bills. Than we go down the rabbit hole known as disney is never wrong and people keep coming and dropping 10k on vacations reguardless of what they do so why would the company care? theres no incentive to.

That is just Disney knowing that they can do anything without denting their bottom line. A lot of people have issues with what Disney is doing recently. However, people are not going to stop going to Disney. Disney knows this. It is a shame. I don't think that the mass accept it. I think it is a combination of spending a ton of money on a "magical" vacation and trying to keep your family happy.

Goofyernmost

HMs queue cover was added before summer 1973. Same for HoP. And I believe for CBJ too.

The point being they learnt from that mistake 45 years ago.
Well, apparently they didn't did they? They learned back then, but, everyone that learned that back then are either dead or retired. Besides the point that was missed was that I was responding to the person that FLAT OUT said... They had everything covered when the attractions opened which was in October of 1972. That statement was incorrect and the same amount of time has not yet passed with Toy Story Land.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, apparently they didn't did they? They learned back then, but, everyone that learned that back then are either dead or retired. Besides the point that was missed was that I was responding to the person that FLAT OUT said... They had everything covered when the attractions opened which was in October of 1972. That statement was incorrect and the same amount of time has not yet passed with Toy Story Land.
Thank for clearing that up as always.

brb1006

The heat is all part of the theme! Just move out of the magnifying glass beam!
AnguishedUnimportantAgama-small.gif
And this
toy3.jpg

Rich Brownn

Even though it is a little fuzzy, you can see in this film about The Haunted Mansion (at 4:43) that when it opened in WDW it did not have a covered walkway. I don't know how long after the opening they added the cover for the queue, but, if the quality of the picture showing the skeleton of the cover is a clue, it was a little while after the opening. Perhaps when they figured out that standing in the sun was not good. HoP and CBJ were not really countable because they had an internal queue area, but, did have a covered western front for overflow. I couldn't find any picture of that, but, I am assuming it was built that way.

HoP and CBJ had a holding area but both of them had queues outside (where the market is now next to HoP is the covered queue area added). CBJ was so popular that two stores adjacent (which are back now) were emptied out and turned into queue space. I was working Disney then and remember that scramble. (Its also when CBJ and HoP swapped ticket tiers)

Rich Brownn

Both the Hall of Presidents and Country Bears are countable because in the 1970’s demand for both exceeded the capacity of their theaters and lobby’s so both saw queues outside of their indoor preshow areas. In the case of CBJ they utilized the interiors of some frontierland shops as indoor queue. In the case of the Hall of presidents they built a covered queue after park opening (now the Liberty Square Market).
Sorry didn't see you beat me to the punch :)

Notes from Neverland

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Me too but there's a good reason there isn't any. That area has a ton of utilities under the pavement. If they did install any trees it would have to be in planter boxes.

Even planter boxes would be welcome if it added some plant life in the area. Especially since this is no longer the “studio park”, it has many hard lines/ surfaces in comparison to environments of 2/4 parks for sure.

Goofyernmost

Even planter boxes would be welcome if it added some plant life in the area. Especially since this is no longer the “studio park”, it has many hard lines/ surfaces in comparison to environments of 2/4 parks for sure.
Perhaps they could do something like this with the back of the building.... Worked before! Not this picture, of course, but, something that would fit the theme.

1541187082985.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom