Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Magic Feather

Just some quick/fun? things:

The things in danger of not being 100 by open are Views from Slinky Dog, a part of AlSS and the Connector Part of the TSMM queue.

Slinky will battle Rockit for worst queue in Orlando.

Notice how all of the promo materials face the slinky side of the land... Guess which one is the aesthic part?

A bit of why TSL (amongst other proposals) were brought to prominence was to try and correct what happened to UOR in 2009, when attendance fell before the major spike of Potter. This trend has yet to be corrected and, as Rockit proved, most likely won’t be.

Actually, Rockit is an amazing metaphor for TSL. It is the mediocre, poorly themed tide over in anticipation for one of the greatest Theme Park experiences. Ever.

Also, if you don’t expect TSL to akwardly and abruptly end right past the AlSS, prepare to avert your eyes for a year and a half.

sedati

Only because 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is no longer with us. Loved that ride, but there was no way to persuade my family to get into that arduously slow-moving switchback more than once a trip.

Then again... those who pine for the glory days of Epcot Center, how'd you like those lines? Not a lot going on, but at least they did move. Still, I recall back to those early years when the lines went outside the pavillions and you stood in completely un-shaded Florida sun- worst of all was Energy which had all those mirror tiles to further bake its guests.

HauntedMansionFLA

6/1/2018
740524F6-D3EF-490B-86F7-BCA214F4D30A.jpeg

Jones14

At least it will offer good views of the coaster's first half. As a kid, the parts of Big Thunder's queue where you could see the coaster always seemed to go by the fastest, and honestly, even Rockit's queue is a better experience than the nightmare of doing standby at Space Mountain.

Swoosh32

I’m sure this has been addressed numerous times already, but are they going to keep the Pixar Place area open for M&G purposes — and if not, what’s the plan going forward for Pixar Character M&G?

nickys

Premium Member
Just some quick/fun? things:

The things in danger of not being 100 by open are Views from Slinky Dog, a part of AlSS and the Connector Part of the TSMM queue.

Notice how all of the promo materials face the slinky side of the land... Guess which one is the aesthic part?

A bit of why TSL (amongst other proposals) were brought to prominence was to try and correct what happened to UOR in 2009, when attendance fell before the major spike of Potter. This trend has yet to be corrected and, as Rockit proved, most likely won’t be.

Actually, Rockit is an amazing metaphor for TSL. It is the mediocre, poorly themed tide over in anticipation for one of the greatest Theme Park experiences. Ever.

Also, if you don’t expect TSL to akwardly and abruptly end right past the AlSS, prepare to avert your eyes for a year and a half.

So what exactly is the Connector part of the TSMM queue? Literally the bit that connects the new entrance to the actual queues inside the existing building?

And the ET queue is awful, other than being under cover, until you actually go in. I'd also nominate the queue for Primeval Whirl, at least ET has a fun ride at the end of it!

Goofyernmost

The Artist Formerly Known As Listen to the Land is still my nomination for worst queue in WDW - I don't think Slinky will be worse than that.
At least "Land" was inside 20K Leagues was out in the sun. I always hated Jungle Cruise because it was very close and very hot, but at least under a roof. To me that was the worst in Disney. In Universal the massive use of hidden areas of queue was a thing with them but the worst and the longest was Back to the Future. Great ride... awful never ending queue.

Goofyernmost

So what exactly is the Connector part of the TSMM queue? Literally the bit that connects the new entrance to the actual queues inside the existing building?

And the ET queue is awful, other than being under cover, until you actually go in. I'd also nominate the queue for Primeval Whirl, at least ET has a fun ride at the end of it!
Yes, but, once inside ET it more then makes up for the early disappointment. And that is the fake queue before the real queue, another example of Universal's hidden queue's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom