Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

It's worse than that.

DCA upon opening in 2001 had 12 rides, 3 of which were E Tickets, plus 7 theater attractions, and a handful of walk-thrus or interactive exhibit/play areas.

17 years later in 2018 DCA currently has 21 rides, 5 of which are E Tickets, and now down to 5 theater attractions plus a handful of walk-thrus or interactive exhibit/play areas. And a night parade (Paint The Night) and water show (World of Color). The two closed theater shows = Golden Dreams became Little Mermaid D Ticket ride in 2011, and It's Tough To Be A Bug closed two months ago to become part of Marvel Land expansion opening in phases from 2020 to 2022.

When DHS finishes all its expansion/rework in 2020, it will have 9 rides, 5 of which will be E Tickets (ToT, RnRC, Star Tours, Millenium Falcon, Stormtrooper ride). The wild card is Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway; will it be an amazing E Ticket, or a fun D Ticket like Midway Mania?

But your point is extremely valid. It has always boggled my mind how WDW management allows these decades-old established parks to exist with a ride roster you can count on two hands or less. How? Why? Who thinks that's a good idea???
If you're calling Star Tours an E-ticket, I would be shocked if you didn't call Mickey and Minnie's an E-ticket as well.

mousekedoc

Premium Member
I was one of those tweens who saw Star Wars on opening night a long time ago.......
I LOVED it. It changed my world.
I’ve always looked at Star Tours as Meah
I deserve to slowly die for a thousand years in the bowels of Sarlac for that, I know.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Black Panther possibly ? Also even if they get their own land Disney can't call it Marvel Land at WDW or DL due to the contract.

matt9112

They are using The March Of The First Order to fill in fir the parade. And people go nuts for it. A daytime parade would be nice. It’s hard to believe the MK is only park that has one.

to be fair I hate parades but love the march....I wish the storm troopers begin raiding stores and and burning things down....ok I'm kidding...maybe. but l love the march.

Kman101

I love the March too. Afternoon parades, not so much.

I like the idea of parades. I enjoy seeing them (though not waiting for them or standing in the sun; like nighttime shows, I usually find other things to do ... lol). I think they have a place. But something like, say Move It/Shake It ... ugh. Maybe they should have put the Disney Junior characters in Move It Shake It for the little ones instead?

I prefer the various other entertainment. Which MK needs more of. DHS could also use a plussing in this department.

Kman101

to be fair I hate parades but love the march....I wish the storm troopers begin raiding stores and and burning things down....ok I'm kidding...maybe. but l love the march.

I like the march too.

And I don't agree with the poster who said they're using it as the parade.

Although no reason they couldn't do a Star Wars parade. Or do parades like they used to for movies. Like a Moana celebration party down the street ... although after seeing the Frozen "parade" they did ... maybe it's best they didn't ... or move Move it Shake It to the park to give it something else. DHS could use more entertainment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom