Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

nickys

Premium Member
I'd be more inclined to take advantage of being able to have Tower of Terror and Rock 'N' Roller Coaster alongside Toy Story Midway Mania

I can't help but wonder if this will make ToT and RnR the fastest FPs to book out.

Everyone can book those two, plus one of Slinky or TSMM. Plus they're still the only thrill rides in the park.

Once SW: GE opens I reckon tier 1 will be Millenium Falcon, Battle Escape and Mickey's train ride. Slinky will be relegated to tier 2 with the other TSL stuff.

Unless we have 3 tiers ...... ;)

djkidkaz

Why would they not make it alien, slinky and Aerosmith tier 1, everything else tier 2? Now every single person booking fast passes will take tower and Aerosmith, and then slinky or alien if it’s leftover.

When is Mickey scheduled to come online? Spring 2019? Summer 2019? That will obviously jump into tier 1 pushing TSMM to tier 2.

Rteetz

Why would they not make it alien, slinky and Aerosmith tier 1, everything else tier 2? Now every single person booking fast passes will take tower and Aerosmith, and then slinky or alien if it’s leftover.

When is Mickey scheduled to come online? Spring 2019? Summer 2019? That will obviously jump into tier 1 pushing TSMM to tier 2.
I'd argue TSMM is more of a tier one than Aliens is. It makes sense to me though to have them all tier 1 for now with the opening like they did with Pandora.

Marlins1

The rumoured new fastpass tiers reported by Kenny the Pirate. Now it's the wait for official confirmation from Disney. All Toy Story rides Tier 1 and everything else moving down.
I have no idea who Kenny the Pirate is but I hope he is right. This approach works well at AK IMO.

phillip9698

I get what you're saying. Monday Morning QB'ing here, but it would've been interesting if we weren't "shrunk down to the size of toys" to play in Andy's backyard, but rather the Toys and people were at real life scale (so we guests would be "Andy's" not toys). This may have given the opportunity for the doll-sized toys to be some really interesting animatronics scattered throughout the new land. This would have represented the actual movie too and no need to make believe that you've been shrunken (and avoid that whole scale convo that I cringe everything it's mentioned). I get why they went they way they did though. I anticipate the land to be very fun.

With the toys shrunken down to animatronics less than a foot tall I'd bet that most guests would never actually get a chance to view/interact with them. And then you have the problem of what exactly are you seeing as you walk around this land, a well manicured yard?

Texas84

I learned my daily limit for FoP is three times in a row on my last trip. Started feeling it after that...

Did it five times during Passholder preview. The final ride was with two adult beverages in me. And that was the BEST one.

How did you manage three in a row on a regular day? I've done two during an EMH.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The site which can't be named has just posted that Hollywood Studios is moving to a tiered fastpass system like the three other parks .:banghead:

Has anyone running that site even been to Disney World?

They are reporting that the three Toy Story Land rides will be tier 1, everything else tier 2.

Laurenslo

I know. Not only did they say this was new to Hollywood Studios, they said the other three parks have tiered Fastpasses. Last time I checked, Magic Kingdom didn't have tiers.

From the article:

"What’s more interesting, however, is that tiered FastPass+ is now coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, just like it has been at the other three Walt Disney World theme parks."

nickys

Premium Member
They are reporting that the three Toy Story Land rides will be tier 1, everything else tier 2.

Well, they're right on that at least, but they're a couple of days behind everyone else and got the rest of their facts wrong too!

Brilliant! :rolleyes::eek::banghead::hilarious:

Sorry - can't decide which is more appropriate at this point. At least I now know why I've never been on their site before and likely never will again.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Worst. Gift-wrapping. Ever....

1522907617794.png

PHOTO: Alien Swirling Saucers Theming Elements Spotted Entering Hollywood Studios

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom