Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

IIRC Jessie wasn't rare, since Al was easily able to get her and it's suggested that she was waiting in storage for years until Woody showed up, so it sounds like she was easy to get. Only Woody was rare I think.
Yes, but Toy Story Land is set in 2018. It is implied that it is actually Andy, Jr. who built everything in TSL and it exists in a world where Disney mass-produces Woody.

The Andy from Toy Story is now 37 and divorced. Step-Mom Bridgett offers Andy, Jr. only Mini Babybel cheese products for a snack.

Uncle Lupe

Yes, but they've been all thrown out the window with the change of expected opening. No one in the know has indicated what is likely to happen.
I saw the June 30th date. Just haven't been following closely was that date sooner or later from original? Was spit balling a surprise trip from June 4th to 8th. Had a plan to visit Disneyland for something different and with it being a short visit. But saw all the construction of Paradise Pier and whatever is happening in Fantasyland and said forget that. Not having our first ever to DL trip involve that mess. If I am going to go to WDW where I know better what to expect.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I saw the June 30th date. Just haven't been following closely was that date sooner or later from original? Was spit balling a surprise trip from June 4th to 8th. Had a plan to visit Disneyland for something different and with it being a short visit. But saw all the construction of Paradise Pier and whatever is happening in Fantasyland and said forget that. Not having our first ever to DL trip involve that mess. If I am going to go to WDW where I know better what to expect.

Unfortunately, we just don't know at this time.

When they opened Pandora, I think the only soft opening to the general public was the day before. Previous to that, it was previews for press, cast, DVC, and APs. And they were all given a certain date they could show up.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Any criticism or critiques on scale and the overall theme of Toy Story Land however overboard or absurd they may seem still should have been asked by Imagineering in the bluesky stages of development early on. The issue with Meet and Greets has merit when the land is supposed to be Andy's Backyard and when we're supposed to be approx. 2 inches tall; assuming scale has any relevance to the supposed theme of this land.

sunsetblvd26

Any criticism or critiques on scale and the overall theme of Toy Story Land however overboard or absurd they may seem still should have been asked by Imagineering in the bluesky stages of development early on. The issue with Meet and Greets has merit when the land is supposed to be Andy's Backyard and when we're supposed to be approx. 2 inches tall; assuming scale has any relevance to the supposed theme of this land.
This isn’t a TSL issue, characters are always off just for practical reasons. Just about every non face character has some sort of technical scale issue.

Jones14

This isn’t a TSL issue, characters are always off just for practical reasons. Just about every non face character has some sort of technical scale issue.
I see what you mean, but TSL makes it worse by having giant statues of the trio to reference their meet and greets against.

Of course, there’s always the argument that there can be multiple toys of varying sizes, but the movies take pains to establish that at least Woody is really hard to find one of, much less two.

This feels like a situation where WDI intended for no meet and greets and now Ops wants them for more capacity.

SCOTLORR

A quote from the article: "Slinky Dog Dash is intended for the whole family with a height requirement of 38 inches. There will be loops, swirls, and dips and even a super fabulous launcher around halfway through the ride. The launcher is a separate toy piece that Andy purchased and added to the set. The movements in this attraction will mimic those that you would do with an actual Slinky Dog toy."
If this is the case and the coaster car retracts and stretches like a real slinky dog this ride is gonna be loads of fun. I'm hoping that's a real feature.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
A quote from the article: "Slinky Dog Dash is intended for the whole family with a height requirement of 38 inches. There will be loops, swirls, and dips and even a super fabulous launcher around halfway through the ride. The launcher is a separate toy piece that Andy purchased and added to the set. The movements in this attraction will mimic those that you would do with an actual Slinky Dog toy."
If this is the case and the coaster car retracts and stretches like a real slinky dog this ride is gonna be loads of fun. I'm hoping that's a real feature.

loops? SDD has no loops.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

The key word is 'mimic' and not 'recreate.' There's fast and slow with the launches and the area of track with a bunch of hills to mimic the stretch and pull, but the cars of the train are in locked distance and formation from one another.

loops? SDD has no loops.

Sideways loops... a bad choice of words to use with a coaster; IOW, going around in circles. No inversion loops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom