Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Haymarket2008

Might be wishful thinking but I hope that once everything opens they go with the AK method - you can pick one from GE and anything available after that.

It’s gonna be a nightmare if I can only pick 1/3 of the new attractions (Mickey & the two SW) per day....hopefully the SW ones will be in a separate tier or something.

Kman101

I think the ads are clever. They aren't meant for us uber-fans.

In the concept art of the lunch box cafe, I had to LOL at the babybel advertisment. I know it's a sponsor but still it made me chuckle seeing the Green Army Man holding a prop of the cheese. And one is in the lunchbox itself (looks like we order through the sides of the tupperware lol) and on the umbrella you can see the babybel logo.

Castle Cake Apologist

I think the ads are clever. They aren't meant for us uber-fans.

In the concept art of the lunch box cafe, I had to LOL at the babybel advertisment. I know it's a sponsor but still it made me chuckle seeing the Green Army Man holding a prop of the cheese. And one is in the lunchbox itself (looks like we order through the sides of the tupperware lol) and on the umbrella you can see the babybel logo.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to those when/if the sponsorship ends....

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It’s gonna be a nightmare if I can only pick 1/3 of the new attractions (Mickey & the two SW) per day....hopefully the SW ones will be in a separate tier or something.

I suspect there will be LOTS of EMH for Star Wars Land specifically once it opens (much like they did for Pandora). I went to AK in August of last year and I found that (despite there being a line of ~3 hrs during the day), the line for FOP late into these EMHs was really reasonable (an hour or less). I suspect (or maybe hope) much of the same for Star Wars Land (if you are willing to stay VERY late into the night).

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It'll be interesting to see what happens to those when/if the sponsorship ends....

Yo-Yo, RC's Spare Tire, a Donut, Oreos...

OT: Was the Green Army Men parachute drop tower ever considered for this land?
Were any additional rides or attractions planned?

Mr. Mike presents: Wheezy! Live in Concert.
Toystorywheezyyou'vegtomfriendimemrikine.jpg

(I'd see it! Maybe using Laugh Floor tech?!)

Last edited:

SCOTLORR

If tier 1 ends up being Battle, Falcon, and Mickey, I suspect many will FP one of the SW attractions and rope drop the other. Which may mean Mickey's crowds may not pick up for a while once the park opens.
I feel like when everything is set following the opening of MMRR and Galaxy's Edge, DHS is certainly going to have enough to fill a whole day. There are going to be 6 Rope Drop worthy attractions (MMRR, Falcon, Battle Escape, TSM, RnRc, ToT), and it will take a good chunk of time to do all of them.
Then after those are done there will finally be filler attractions that aren't as flashy when it comes to marketing the park, but are just as important for park flow and keeping parkgoers busy. These include Slinky, Aliens, Star Tours, Muppets, and a load of theatre shows that, old or not, have a healthy history of good reviews and satisfying the public.
And this is all without the potential addition of an Indy E-ticket to Echo Lake. It's not everything we wished and hoped for, But its gonna be one heck of a good time to spend a day at this park come late 2019.

FigmentForver96

I feel like when everything is set following the opening of MMRR and Galaxy's Edge, DHS is certainly going to have enough to fill a whole day. There are going to be 6 Rope Drop worthy attractions (MMRR, Falcon, Battle Escape, TSM, RnRc, ToT), and it will take a good chunk of time to do all of them.
Then after those are done there will finally be filler attractions that aren't as flashy when it comes to marketing the park, but are just as important for park flow and keeping parkgoers busy. These include Slinky, Aliens, Star Tours, Muppets, and a load of theatre shows that, old or not, have a healthy history of good reviews and satisfying the public.
And this is all without the potential addition of an Indy E-ticket to Echo Lake. It's not everything we wished and hoped for, But its gonna be one heck of a good time to spend a day at this park come late 2019.
Sure it's going to take all take, all these big rides will have Pandora like waits.

djkidkaz

Here's a look at Shanghai's Roundup:

Same ride system as Alien Swirling Saucers and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree (and soon, the Baymax ride in Japan, and Alien Swirling Saucers again in Paris.) Disney must be happy with that ride system to use it five times.

Thats actually really cute. I kind of like it better than our Alien version but they probably didn't want to use it because it has to be open air with no coverage. Aliens inside with the claw allows it to work year round dealing with the florida weather.

CJR

I expect paid FP to expand for SW: GE. Depending how much they expand it, it might not be possible to get a free FP at all (for SW: GE). TSL will still be hard to get, for that reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom