Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

po1998

Is there going to be a tunnel between TSL & SWGE(like the one between Grand Ave and SWGE), or will it be a different type of transition between the two lands?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is there going to be a tunnel between TSL & SWGE(like the one between Grand Ave and SWGE), or will it be a different type of transition between the two lands?
Yes. But not as big. You’ll cross the Backstage Island access road (with vehicle gates to the left and right of the guest path) and enter a small curved pathway with berm either side. There will be a small overhead berm to pass under. Nothing as grand as the other one.

po1998

Yes. But not as big. You’ll cross the Backstage Island access road (with vehicle gates to the left and right of the guest path) and enter a small curved pathway with berm either side. There will be a small overhead berm to pass under. Nothing as grand as the other one.
Thank you.

the.dreamfinder

My forever war cry: when is this crap opening and when will they announce its opening date time frame other than “Summer”.
There’s really no reason why it couldn’t make an April opening at this point.
  • Scaffolding is up for all the incomplete facades
  • Landscaping has finished as much of Slinky Dog as they can and will move on as other components are completed
  • Rerouting guests for TSMM has already begun
  • Slinky Dog has been doing tests since January and there’s a strong likelihood Green Aliens may have started as well
  • Pavement is the last construction component to begin and that won’t take too long to complete

CalebS

There’s really no reason why it couldn’t make an April opening at this point.
  • Scaffolding is up for all the incomplete facades
  • Landscaping has finished as much of Slinky Dog as they can and will move on as other components are completed
  • Rerouting guests for TSMM has already begun
  • Slinky Dog has been doing tests since January and there’s a strong likelihood Green Aliens may have started as well
  • Pavement is the last construction component to begin and that won’t take too long to complete
While I agree theres no reason it couldn’t open in April, it seems to me like they’ve slowed down alot the last month and a half or so

Kman101

Artistic license. Visual embellishment. But not a serious proposal.

Don’t worry though. There should still be a March cart and a DVC booth.
And another merch cart elsewhere.

Thanks. Good to know. Shame the area wasn't a serious proposal.

And :joyfull: on the merch and DVC stands. I'm good.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Between TSL, Mickey’s runaway train, and the two Star Wars ride I say Hollywood studios is coming along. Are there any further future plans for any ride additions in the next 5 years that do not include retrofits for Tower or RNRC?
They’ll honestly be a drop in the ocean to what’s needed. If anything the overall THOC will be lower than it used to be. And what it needs to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom