Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

brb1006

A properly done Pizza Planet is going to have to be like a supersized Dave and Busters or even like DisneyQuest if it is going to have an arcade experience that enough guests can participate in. And I think we all know how Disney now feels about arcades. I don't think a Pizza Planet will ever come to exist unless they just slap the name on a pizza joint, in which case, people will wail loudly that it's not a proper Pizza Planet.
I just want to play the arcade games seen in this scene and a cool machine that can refill your drinks.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I just want to play the arcade games seen in this scene and a cool machine that can refill your drinks.

That was such a fun level on Sega Genesis!
hqdefault.jpg

Rich T

Pizza Planet in the film is a deliberately tacky, noisy place. It's a parody of kid-centric dining franchises. I really have no desire to set foot inside a recreation. And I think that's why we won't see a real Pizza Planet at the parks; the only thing worse would be a recreation of a cheap, tacky parking lot carnival. Thank goodness Imagineering would never try to pass off something as lame as that.

bclane

Pizza Planet in the film is a deliberately tacky, noisy place. It's a parody of kid-centric dining franchises. I really have no desire to set foot inside a recreation. And I think that's why we won't see a real Pizza Planet at the parks; the only thing worse would be a recreation of a cheap, tacky parking lot carnival. Thank goodness Imagineering would never try to pass off something as lame as that.
I see what you did there. Lol!

Marlins1

Funny and good point - Pizza Planet is basically a Chuck E Cheese takeoff. Ouch still remember my daughter's birthday party at that place, that was a long day!

THE Monorail Lime

Dave and busters ain't that bad........they have the freaking Jurassic park game! Also Disney has way too many rainforests cafe like restaurants to do a pizza planet like he said it would be louder than space mountains lift hill (WDW). Very expensive and be full 24/7. The restaurant would be insane okay?

List of restaurants with AA
Dinosaurs cafe (don't know what it's really called)-but I like dinosaurs ;)

Rainforest-Crocodile is missing in the front

But what I do want is the green alien game

Last edited:

brb1006

Bu.. but the Alien Slime.
alien-slime-everything-we-want-to-see-in-disney-s-gigantic-toy-story-hotel-gif-179375.jpg

Rich T

It is also the best place to enjoy a steak in an arcade setting.
See, I just can't relate to this (and I play a ton of video games). I would never, ever, ever pick a video arcade as the desired location for a steak dinner...or any meal costing more than a few bucks. Corn dog? Sure. But if I'm buying a steak, give me a nice cozy pub or... I dunno... waterfalls? Ranch? City skyline? Sports bar is as far as I'm going in the noise dept. with my filet mignon. Wait, though... does Dave & Buster's have good onion rings? That could win me over.

DisneyDrew

Dave and busters ain't that bad........they have the freaking Jurassic park game! Also Disney has way too many rainforests cafe like restaurants to do a pizza planet like he said it would be louder than space mountains lift hill (WDW). Very expensive and be full 24/7. The restaurant would be insane okay?

List of restaurants with AA
Dinosaurs cafe (don't know what it's really called)-but I like dinosaurs ;)

Rainforest-Crocodile is missing in the front

But what I do want is the green alien game
Funny you brought up Dave & Buster's haha my YouTube channel is all about arcades. Here's a link to it, name of my channel is The Midway Maniac: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBlQTrYOWMMVg9GZrZLgePw/featured?view_as=subscriber

Castle Cake Apologist

So have we yet figured out what our role is in this land? Now that we've seen the model, it's clear that we're not toys, unless we're incredibly tiny ones. Are we insects? Bacteria?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So have we yet figured out what our role is in this land? Now that we've seen the model, it's clear that we're not toys, unless we're incredibly tiny ones. Are we insects? Bacteria?

We're toys. The scale is fluid because the scale among toys is fluid. Green Army Men should be the same height as Woody since they're both representations of adult males, but they're much smaller than Woody.

If such fluidic change in scale melts one's brain, then I certainly hope one stayed away from any M&Gs with Woody and GAM and discovered they're the same height!

When children play with toys with such disparate scales, they generally just don't care. "Mommy, why isn't Mr. Potato Head the size of a Green Army Man fist?"

Casper Gutman

This may be the most perfect summation of these forums that I have ever read...
Yup! Walt sure did die in the mid-90s, several decades after WDW opened! And none of the folks who are sometimes (or even often) critical of WDW ever say anything positive about it.

Except, of course, they do. In fact, in the last one of these discussions, I posted three major things (shows, SWL, several of the best rides in the world) that are great about WDW and invited more positive folks to post three major things that are a problem with WDW.

And scale among toys isn't "fluid." Toys come in all different sizes, but the scale between them is set. Woody is bigger than the Green Army Men, but he is always bigger by the same amount - the toys don't change sizes. But WDW hasn't decided on a set scale for tourists vs. toys in this land. Look at the scale of those footprints, presumably Andy's, compared to some of the other features of the land, such as the flat ride. Compare the boxes that line the rides to the toys. The scale is inconsistent, and it makes the land feel uncanny. This was ALWAYS going to be an issue with the land, which is one of many reasons its a bad idea. But even given the fact that this was always going to be a problem, the model indicates WDW hasn't made much of an effort to deal with it. Again, TSL reeks of "the least we can get away with."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom