Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Hatbox Ghostbuster

...I really only come in this thread to see construction progress photos...

but doesn't it make even the smallest bit of sense that a kid in his own backyard would build an exposed coaster out of say, k'nex or something? Would he really go to all the trouble of covering the tracks and theming it in such a way as to not offend people?

...going back into the shadows...

Dan Deesnee

Any minute now a mountain will spring up to disguise the track and pull this up to Disney's 1959 standards.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Waiting...

What would you think of if the end they do a fantastic job of making the track look like it's made of knex or any other toy?

Because the art, which is the end all be all of what things will look like exactly, shows that the exposed track is going to have some sort of theme overlayed onto at least parts of it.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Any minute now a mountain will spring up to disguise the track and pull this up to Disney's 1959 standards.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Waiting...
Why does it bother folks if the track is exposed? Its an outdoor roller coaster based on the premise that a kid built it in his back yard. I guess I can kind of understand why you would want it covered/themed to cover the track but really we knew it wasn't going to be covered. So lets move on from that and enjoy it for what it might be, a solid family coaster.

matt9112

That was my point... the fastest and easiest thing to build is the coaster track. It's the rest of the stuff that takes a lot of time. I think they will be done when they said they would be done and not a second before. Even if they complete it early. They have a reason for their timing. The ride structure (track) is in place the system is no where near complete or for that matter even started yet.

The theme of this land is basic as can be....thos isn't Pandora everything else should be built with quickness.

Goofyernmost

The theme of this land is basic as can be....thos isn't Pandora everything else should be built with quickness.
I was talking about general terms. My point was not necessarily aimed at TSL specifically, but, it never stops amazing me that people, grown ups with some life experience, think that things can be built overnight. The track went quick because it was completely pre-fab and all they had to do was bolt it together. The rest of the detail, regardless of how minor we may think it is, is not done by sprinkling pixie dust all around and poof... there it is. The other factor is the timing that they want for it to be opened. If you spend that much money and then rush to open it sooner then you have taken all that investment and got only on huge short term explosion out of it. Spreading it out, gives smaller and more concentrated excitement over a longer period of time. More bang for the buck. They don't want you going just one year to see all the new stuff, it makes no financial sense to do it that way. I think if you did some detail research you will find that the amount of time it takes to build things by Disney, is about the same all over the Theme Park business. The difference is when you find out what they are planning that drags it out.

As far as Pandora is concerned, I suspect that continuous changing prompted by Mr. Cameron didn't help the speed of that one.

Disneyhead'71

Ok, since everyone is fine with an exposed coaster as long as "Andy" builds it. For Christmas I'm buying "Andy" this K'NEX kit.
5176a6e773845b1b022bafccce51c00d.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom