Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Dan Deesnee

The height of the building behind the huge fence is still troubling me. Wondering if it will still be seen from inside the land

I agree but Disney generally does a great job of hiding things outside the park. I'm sure they will come up with something.

I am glad the coaster is getting made but imo DHS needs another land and pronto. SWL wait times should be very very very interesting when comparing the west and east coast versions.

You mean a land in addition to toy story and star wars??? Those two will be done in two years, it's possible Marvel land will get announced between that time but they have major licensing issues to work out with universal. I think it's highly unlikely DHS gets any additional new land any time soon.

My personal dream project though would be for them to announce a sort of Disney Classics Land. This would be a new land celebrating the older Disney movies like pinocchio, bambi, sleeping beauty, etc. I know some of this stuff is represented in other parts of other parks but I still want it...imagine an animatronic Bambi that walked around it's greeting area and talked. This tech has existed for a while.

dreamscometrue

I can't find a separate thread re the Alien Swirling Saucers, so I'll post here. This attraction got zero interest from me, but I was reading reviews for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree (on which I believe the saucers are based), and I was shocked the reviews were very positive. The average score was 4 on Trip Advisor and 4.4 on Google Reviews. Many comments were along the lines of 'looks like a boring kids ride but it's much more fun than you would think'.
Has anyone on here ridden Mater's and do you think the Alien Spinning Saucers will be a nice little surprise?

Raineman

I agree but Disney generally does a great job of hiding things outside the park. I'm sure they will come up with something.

You mean a land in addition to toy story and star wars??? Those two will be done in two years, it's possible Marvel land will get announced between that time but they have major licensing issues to work out with universal. I think it's highly unlikely DHS gets any additional new land any time soon.

My personal dream project though would be for them to announce a sort of Disney Classics Land. This would be a new land celebrating the older Disney movies like pinocchio, bambi, sleeping beauty, etc. I know some of this stuff is represented in other parts of other parks but I still want it...imagine an animatronic Bambi that walked around it's greeting area and talked. This tech has existed for a while.
IMO, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in Hades that Universal gives up the Marvel licensing rights to Disney-the chances of having any Marvel lands/attractions in Florida, outside of GOTG, are probably pretty much zero.

I can't find a separate thread re the Alien Swirling Saucers, so I'll post here. This attraction got zero interest from me, but I was reading reviews for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree (on which I believe the saucers are based), and I was shocked the reviews were very positive. The average score was 4 on Trip Advisor and 4.4 on Google Reviews. Many comments were along the lines of 'looks like a boring kids ride but it's much more fun than you would think'.
Has anyone on here ridden Mater's and do you think the Alien Spinning Saucers will be a nice little surprise?

I have ridden Mater's at DCA and yes it really is a lot of fun. It definitely took me by surprise with how much I enjoyed it. The constant whipping to the left and right makes it very different from a standard whip ride.

The only complaint I had was that that the ride time is too short.

PorterRedkey

I really don't like the character Mater in the movies, but I like this ride. However, it was mostly for the fun music! Even when we were walking around Carsland and we would hear the music, it made my wife and I smile every time!

As far as the ride itself, it is a unique whip ride that has a few good "whips", but it not really that exciting. It really is the theming and the music that makes it so enjoyable to me.

I hope that A. S. S. is just as much fun.

EDIT: Err, scratch that last sentence from the record. I would like to rephrase it by saying I hope the new ride in DHS is as well done as Mater's.:hilarious:

hokielutz

I rode Mater's back in 2013. My DW and I got a thrill from it, and it made for a fun video of ourselves. I'd say we like it more than Luigi's bumper tires ride, when it was open then. I'd try the ride out, but not sure it would get a repeat visit during the same vacation.

tirian

I have ridden Mater's at DCA and yes it really is a lot of fun. It definitely took me by surprise with how much I enjoyed it. The constant whipping to the left and right makes it very different from a standard whip ride.

The only complaint I had was that that the ride time is too short.

I rode Mater's back in 2013. My DW and I got a thrill from it, and it made for a fun video of ourselves. I'd say we like it more than Luigi's bumper tires ride, when it was open then. I'd try the ride out, but not sure it would get a repeat visit during the same vacation.

Mater is surprisingly fun! I enjoyed Luigi's tires too, but only rode it with a group of friends, and we knew how to handle the floating tires. RIP, flying saucer-tires.

The alien ride is going to become a fan favorite.

hokielutz

Mater is surprisingly fun! I enjoyed Luigi's tires too, but only rode it with a group of friends, and we knew how to handle the floating tires. RIP, flying saucer-tires.

The alien ride is going to become a fan favorite.

I do hope it becomes a successful attraction. DHS has always lacked an attraction of that level that can be found at the MK and AK, and TSL is a good place for one.

RSoxNo1

Mater's is a fun B-ticket attraction. What's really surprising is that it's Larry the Cable Guy singing that makes it that much better.

Fox&Hound

Oh it is hands down one of my favorites from California Adventure. Very fun!!!!! Don't judge an alien by its saucer =)

AndrewsJ

MJJ was a great ride at one time. Now it has gotten so rough that the carts vibrate constantly as they are pulled and whipped around. The last time I rode was the last time ever. It was actually painful.

Kman101

MJJ was a great ride at one time. Now it has gotten so rough that the carts vibrate constantly as they are pulled and whipped around. The last time I rode was the last time ever. It was actually painful.

Sounds like it's time for MJJ to get a refurb. Has it had one since it opened?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom