Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

HMF

I would put TSL above Chester and Hesters but below Storybook Circus. (Which might not have much of a shelf life left considering recent events.
With Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey shutting down. It is very likely the next generation of kids won't know what a Circus is. @Eddie Sotto, more or less forecasted this back when Storybook Circus was first announced.

clemmo

I hope DAK gets something especially a major overhaul of dinorama or an expansion but I highly doubt anything would be looked at to open within this decade 2017-2027. Hopefully I'm wrong but with Epcot needing work and DHS probably needing more after SWL and TSL I just doubt they'll get to DAK

HMF

Kids don't know what a stock & pillory is, that doesn't stop one from being in Liberty Square.
True, but the entire land of Liberty Square does not revolve around certain props. Storybook Circus is not a strong enough concept to me to be worth saving and the fact that the next generation will not know what a circus is just drives home that point. Keep in mind it is supposed to be MK's "Kids Area".

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I hope DAK gets something especially a major overhaul of dinorama or an expansion but I highly doubt anything would be looked at to open within this decade 2017-2027. Hopefully I'm wrong but with Epcot needing work and DHS probably needing more after SWL and TSL I just doubt they'll get to DAK
I'd be surprised if nothing's happened by 2027.

hpyhnt 1000

I'd be surprised if nothing's happened by 2027.

I see this in sort of two ways:
  • If Avatarland is a big success and brings in the crowds, AK is going to be in dire need of even more ride capacity. The park still doesn't have enough on a good day, and especially so in the evenings and during inclement weather.
  • If Avatarland isn't a big hit, then Disney is going to need to add something else or risk AK getting left behind (again) as MK, Epcot, and DHS all get their new attractions and/or expansions.
Either way, it's a win. Doubly so if it means Dinorama finally gets tossed into the dustbin where it belongs. :D

Matt_Black

True, but the entire land of Liberty Square does not revolve around certain props. Storybook Circus is not a strong enough concept to me to be worth saving and the fact that the next generation will not know what a circus is just drives home that point. Keep in mind it is supposed to be MK's "Kids Area".

Oh, if only there were a beloved children's movie that endures throughout the generations!

Kman101

Well, it's more themed to Dumbo, which centers around a circus, and they're giving us a live action version no one seems to be asking for ... but I get what you're saying. However it's going to be a long time before the circus is out of the minds of folks. JMO. I don't like the land either, apart from the train station, so I'm not defending it, and it seems a lot of wasted space that should have been used better, they were just lazy and wanted to save the circus tents from Toontown Faire. (And instead of a water play area they could have copied the Casey Jr. Circus Train ride ...)

PizzaPlanet

It appears that they are finally starting to work on the entrance.
HollywoodStudios-ToyStoryLand-entrance-0517017-5.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom