Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Thanks phoenicians

And for the amount of land, I still can't get over them cutting the Woody's Roundup area. It was at least unique to our Toy Story Land, so of course that's what gets axed. I'm sure it was just a meet and greet but still ...
I bet it could've had a sit down restaurant like a woodys saloon type of theming with cowboy/wild west theming. I could be wrong but I feel like it looked to have enough space for it.

Pedro Soto

I bet it could've had a sit down restaurant like a woodys saloon type of theming with cowboy/wild west theming. I could be wrong but I feel like it looked to have enough space for it.
Could the area to the right corner as you enter the land (before the coaster) be a future expansion maybe that Woody's saloon ????

doctornick

They're not actually building a 'trench' there for the coaster, like the first concept art showed...are they?

There's still a trench in the more recent concept art -- a second trench was removed, though. The trench that remains goes under the walkway that seems to be the entrance/exit for the ride.
Toy%2BStory%2BLand%2BDHS%2BPixar%2BPost.jpg

doctornick

Could the area to the right corner as you enter the land (before the coaster) be a future expansion maybe that Woody's saloon ????

Great question. There clearly is some land in that area that could be used. It seems two of the studio bungalows still remain in that area -- could anyone comment on their current use? Because if they could be removed, it could easily fit some stuff, even another ride (not that I'm suggesting anything is planned, only what could be possible).

Even keeping those building, there looks to me to be enough room for something like a M&G.

roj2323

They're not actually building a 'trench' there for the coaster, like the first concept art showed...are they?

Well not so much digging a trench but they are building one. Disney (in florida anyway) typically builds up rather than down due to the High water table. This has the added benefit of some much needed topography in DHS. The "Trench" is dead center of the most recent photo

dreamscometrue

Well not so much digging a trench but they are building one. Disney (in florida anyway) typically builds up rather than down due to the High water table. This has the added benefit of some much needed topography in DHS. The "Trench" is dead center of the most recent photo
Thanks. That's what another said, but it appears to me that the 'trench' is closer to TSMM, which matches up with that in the early (D23) concept art. :) But, as I said earlier, likely just wishful thinking on my part.

WDWFanDave

This.

The current long standby hall (the original studios reception hall) will become even longer. Where Mr Head was, the wall behind him, and the current 3rd track access corridor will all become an open extension of the switchback area all the way to the current southern wall of the building. New structures beyond this will extend the switchback further south and west towards the new entrance.

I don't think this has been asked before - apologies if it has.

The queue modification sounds fairly significant. Can this be done without taking the ride down for a period of time?

Seems like if they have to close it for a bit, and it happens post-closing of the GMR, there are going to be a lot of unhappy guests.

Just curious.

roj2323

It should be possible, but I'm not the one doing it!
I can answer this as I've been in, out and all around that building both off and on stage.

The area they are connecting the new entrance to is already a hallway that connects to the existing cue. To reconfigure it will only take a few days at most as all they have to do is remove a door or two and patch the walls. That said, the ride exit of the original ride has to be completely reconfigured which will take longer. Disney will be able to keep the ride operating with the new track only while they do this reconfiguration of the original track exit cue but it will take them several months to do it as they have to completely reconfigure the existing cue to allow for the exiting guests to reach the new exit point over by where the new second track exits the building currently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom