Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

UpAllNight

I find this slightly annoying but the extent of which should become apparent as more details about DHS come about.

If all we get from this big DHS redo is a half hearted Toy Story land and Star Wars, no matter how impressive it is, it's a severe let down. And the park will STILL be a complete mess.

MagicHappens1971

So if the land is already getting cuts what happens if the budget runs over when they starting building, since it probably will. Are they just gonna throw things together for a cheap land like Paris?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Another Interesting thing about the new concept art, when the original art was release there was a discussion as to whether the building the red toybox is attached to was a new building, or just a distorted view of the the current TSMM building. I remember someone saying that it was the TSSM building and the grey building in the bottom right corner was the building on the other side of the Pixar Place path. The new concept art seems to make it clearer that it is actually a new building attached to TSMM.

toy story land.png

doctornick

Just saw the new concept art, So the entrance and Al's toybarn were cut? If so, Im going to be mad. It looked like a great land and now it just looks meh, I shouldnt be suprised.

Al's Toy Barn has not been cut, it's just outside the edge of the artwork. The restrooms, and some theming elements on Slinky have been cut.

Yes, so what's not clear is whether the new concept art is the full land or whether the entrance (Al's Toy Barn and Woody's Roundup area) were simply left off the artwork and may still remain. Since the Toy Barn is likely the gift shop for the land, I actually would be surprised if it was removed from the final product.

The Slinky coaster still looks to be a similar length, but as has been mentioned with two launches and no lift hill, it's going to be a quick ride. I can understand getting ride of the trenches for a quicker and easier build, but why change out the lift hill?

WhatJaneSays

If the elevation and rock work has been taken out of the coaster there is absolutely no excuse for Disney not to have this open by spring 2017.

It won't happen mind.
Yea ... no. One year for turnaround from 75%-100% demo to opening day on a whole land won't happen anywhere. That's not even a "Disney is slow" thing, it's just not a usable timeline. A new ride and re-themed area with minimal demo ... sure but not an entire land.

SirLink

There probably will be more involved. Think about it. Is that all Disney's Hollywood Studios has planned? Just two new lands? There's more coming than just Toy Story Land, and Star Wars Land and *cough* cough*Cars*cough*Land*cough*cough*. ;)

I think your cough is pretty bad you may want to suck this lozenge, and whilst your listening their is no Cars Land coming to DHS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom