Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

PizzaPlanet

The walled area in the toy story queue is now complete, mr potato is gone indefinitely from that area. In his place is a rather poor murale of the toy story characters. It looks like they made the room much smaller in that part of the ride's queue. My only guess is potato head is hopefully being moved somewhere in toy story land? Either way sad update.
My guess is that they are moving the queue so it leads out the back of the building, as well as connects to the third track.

Sped2424

He will return to the Midway Mania queue. Remember the new third track (which will have its own queue area extending into the new building) will be Standby. The current two tracks will be FP+ and wheelchair transfer.
Are you sure? To me it would make more sense to have the third track be fastpass + and the two regular tracks to be standby

matt9112

It might have a few different rides, but the land itself appears the same as Paris and Hong Kong - and i've been to both of those parks and they are cheap budget lands.

Welcome to the world of Six Flags in Disney.

doubtful i have faith in the execution. but it depends if you think midway mania is cheap than yes this will be cheap to you. large over sized toys...that's the theme. end of story.

matt9112

I really don't care why other people are complaining. At this very moment one can enjoy 7 attractions (and I'm counting OMD here), take in 7 live entertainment options (not counting Citizens of Hollywood), plus do a few meet and greets (which, surprise surprise, some people enjoy). The Osbourne Lights started last night, so there's another evening option. You also have various shopping options shattered about, so if you like browsing, that's an option.

I'm not saying the park isn't without flaws (I hate DHS, tbh) and I don't think it should cost $97 dollars to enter. But to say there is nothing to do at DHS, is an absolute lie. Its just people complaining for the sake of complaining

this...the TOT is by far the best attraction on property...period....no other ride makes my stomach turn inside out waiting in line.

lokisix

It's only $100/per day if you buy a single ticket at the gate. Who does that? I'm sure there are a few, but those people are foolish folk who didn't buy package tickets. Failure to plan is planning to fail!

For many people the Disney name represents a high enough quality that they don't need to plan. Most people I know stay away from any information on upcoming Disney movies as they're going to the cinema to see it regardless of previews or critic reviews.

The same should be the case for the parks. If people have a spare day in the Orlando area they should be able to go to a park with the Disney name attached safe in the knowledge that they're getting value for money and the highest quality entertainment without worrying that they're not getting the cheapest tickets.

ToTBellHop

Are you sure? To me it would make more sense to have the third track be fastpass + and the two regular tracks to be standby
Positive. 2/3 capacity FP, 1/3 Standby. Basically, Standby capacity is unchanged but now twice as many people will be able to book a Midway Mania FP and not wait in line--a big plus for guests and guest reviews. I'm sure guest satisfaction will increase dramatically in the Excel spreadsheet.

SirLink

How so? It's a huge jump to go from single day tickets to investing in an AP, especially if one were an infrequent park visitor. If one were a Florida resident and wanted to go to the parks but not that much, then a 3 or 4 day ticket would probably hold a good value.

Lets start with @Disneyhead'71 who is an Orlando local stating most buy one day tickets. Your response to that in a roundabout way to tell them they should buy a 3-4 day ticket. Maybe Florida residents don't want 3 days with the Mouse ...

doctornick

Positive. 2/3 capacity FP, 1/3 Standby. Basically, Standby capacity is unchanged but now twice as many people will be able to book a Midway Mania FP and not wait in line--a big plus for guests and guest reviews. I'm sure guest satisfaction will increase dramatically in the Excel spreadsheet.

Unless 50% of the current capacity is going to standby, then standby is going to be increased by this setup. IIRC, it's about 80% of capacity that is allocated to FP+which would mean that a adding a third track and allocated as 66% FP+ and 33% standby would increase both FP+ and standby by a good bit with standby improving more.

doctornick

Lets start with @Disneyhead'71 who is an Orlando local stating most buy one day tickets. Your response to that in a roundabout way to tell them they should buy a 3-4 day ticket. Maybe Florida residents don't want 3 days with the Mouse ...

Not what I'm saying at all. I'm just pointing out that there's a huge leap between "1 day ticket" and AP; Florida residents actually have quite a few options in between those that some posters may not be aware of. They aren't restricted to a binary choice of $100 1 day ticket versus versus expensive AP. Obviously, individuals should buy whatever works best for them, but if there is a concern about the "value" of a 1 day ticket, Florida residents have other options that might be more palatable.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Likely will keep the existing ratio guest ratios and use all three tracks for combination SBY and FP+ they can then increase the number of FP+ experiences by 100% and push it even higher during peak demand time, Using a 2FP 1SBY model they are capped at a 100% increase in FP+ experiences.

ToTBellHop

Unless 50% of the current capacity is going to standby, then standby is going to be increased by this setup. IIRC, it's about 80% of capacity that is allocated to FP+which would mean that a adding a third track and allocated as 66% FP+ and 33% standby would increase both FP+ and standby by a good bit with standby improving more.
If 80% is correct then your numbers are right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom