Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Marc Davis Fan

The bamboo-for-grass design element is very weak (e.g., in a bug's land, where the unrealistic clovers don't help either). If Toy Story Land instead has manmade "grass," and other such elements to make the "size of a toy" theme consistent and realistic, it could be fairly impressive.

Weirdly enough, I honestly think that the theming of the Slinky Dog coaster's supports will make a big difference in whether the land feels immersive. It has to be clear that it's a toy roller coaster set with makeshift elements, etc. Maybe pencils propping things up, etc. I'd also add more "unused track pieces" in the middle of the land, rather than just near the coaster's station.

Sped2424

The walled area in the toy story queue is now complete, mr potato is gone indefinitely from that area. In his place is a rather poor murale of the toy story characters. It looks like they made the room much smaller in that part of the ride's queue. My only guess is potato head is hopefully being moved somewhere in toy story land? Either way sad update.

ToTBellHop

The walled area in the toy story queue is now complete, mr potato is gone indefinitely from that area. In his place is a rather poor murale of the toy story characters. It looks like they made the room much smaller in that part of the ride's queue. My only guess is potato head is hopefully being moved somewhere in toy story land? Either way sad update.
He will return to the Midway Mania queue. Remember the new third track (which will have its own queue area extending into the new building) will be Standby. The current two tracks will be FP+ and wheelchair transfer.

Disneyhead'71

I really don't care why other people are complaining. At this very moment one can enjoy 7 attractions (and I'm counting OMD here), take in 7 live entertainment options (not counting Citizens of Hollywood), plus do a few meet and greets (which, surprise surprise, some people enjoy). The Osbourne Lights started last night, so there's another evening option. You also have various shopping options shattered about, so if you like browsing, that's an option.

I'm not saying the park isn't without flaws (I hate DHS, tbh) and I don't think it should cost $97 dollars to enter. But to say there is nothing to do at DHS, is an absolute lie. Its just people complaining for the sake of complaining
It is a $100/day, 25 year old park with 5 rides. It is by far the worst major theme park in the country. When Dollywood and Busch Gardens Wiliamsburg are better than a Disney Park, there is a problem.

Matt_Black

It is a $100/day, 25 year old park with 5 rides. It is by far the worst major theme park in the country. When Dollywood and Busch Gardens Wiliamsburg are better than a Disney Park, there is a problem.

It's only $100/per day if you buy a single ticket at the gate. Who does that? I'm sure there are a few, but those people are foolish folk who didn't buy package tickets. Failure to plan is planning to fail!

Bocabear

Amen! The 5 attractions they have are all pretty darn good, but in the end, with other options available Disney's DBA Hollywood Studios is kind of a bomb... they can do better... and hopeful;ly they will. Unfortunately Toy Story Playland or whatever this version will be called is a really crappy idea that has been done a couple times already. Yes, I know this time it will be different, but it sure looks the same and will feel the same...and really we are getting a flat carnival ride and a small family coaster....YES! they are needed.... but wow they could have done so much better.... and should have. It's stuff like this that makes me wonder what the SWL area is going to be like and if it is going to be another cheap addition... only time will tell.

Chris82

I always find it weird that people don't consider shows attractions, especially MuppetVision and Indiana Jones, which are still 2 of my favorite things ever. It's the same with Animal Kingdom and the various animal trails, and Epcot and the World Showcase pavilions. But yet it seems to be a frustratingly common attitude - unless there is some kind of vehicle involved, it doesn't count.

Amen! The 5 attractions they have are all pretty darn good, but in the end, with other options available Disney's DBA Hollywood Studios is kind of a bomb... they can do better... and hopeful;ly they will. Unfortunately Toy Story Playland or whatever this version will be called is a really crappy idea that has been done a couple times already. Yes, I know this time it will be different, but it sure looks the same and will feel the same...and really we are getting a flat carnival ride and a small family coaster....YES! they are needed.... but wow they could have done so much better.... and should have. It's stuff like this that makes me wonder what the SWL area is going to be like and if it is going to be another cheap addition... only time will tell.

I think it's VERY unlikely that Star Wars Land will be "cheap." "Bland" and "uninspired" possibly, but even if it's bland it will be an impressive and expensive-looking kind of bland.

Disneyhead'71

I think I've already made a case that DHS isn't the crap hole you and many make it out to be :rolleyes: And for the record, I HATE both Dollywood and Busch Gardens. So in my eyes, those parks are worse than any Disney park.
Then I can only surmise that you are not a theme park fan, but a Disney fan. Therefore discussing theme park design with you is pointless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom