Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mouse_Trap

I agree! I almost felt the air time watching the vid! I can't wait to take my daughter on this one! She loves BTMRR and 7DMT but not quite ready for Space and RnR so this one will be the next logical step.

By the time this opens, I think she'll be craving the proper rollercoasters at Universal, Sea World and Busch Gardens rather than this.
I'll be amazed if this opens any time sooner than Spring 2018.

DisneyRoy

By the time this opens, I think she'll be craving the proper rollercoasters at Universal, Sea World and Busch Gardens rather than this.

Maybe...she's only 6 right now. So she will be 9 then if that happens. Some 9 year olds like those and some don't. I would hope that Space and RnR would at least be in her repertoire though. Hulk and the Sea World coasters would probably still be too much at that point. The thing I have going for me though is that she believes me. I tell her a ride is fun and even though she might be scared she will ride because I tell her that. And then after she gets off she's like "That was awesome!" I haven't been wrong yet. ;)

NX2I85

6-7 years, that's an exaggeration. But 18 months because, there is not extensive rockwork, most of the props have been made at other parks in the past, the roller coaster is not overly complex and the Alien ride has been done before but now with different ride vehicles. The most time consuming part of this land will be the ride vehicles for the coaster, the Alien ride and all the paint work. When you think of the time it took New Fantasy land think more about the Circus area. Also, who's to say they haven't already started building the props and rides off site, my guess is they've known they were doing this since they announced the 3rd track and probably well before. A few higher up visited this area, what was it almost 2 years ago now. They are going to demolish this area and just start dropping stuff in.

OK, 6-7 years is probably an exaggeration. Still, I think it will be 2020 or later before this project (along with Star Wars land ) is open. One mitigating factor is that the park is pretty much worthless until the construction is complete because of the extensive closures recently, so the suits may want to fast track this whole thing. It would seem that they are counting on the Star Wars tease center and fireworks show to draw some guests through the gates, but I can't imagine that is very sustainable.

From my admittedly uninformed perspective, it seems like all projects at WDW in recent years are closely tied to budgets and costs. They like to spread cost out over years, so they wind up dragging their feet instead of opening as quickly as possible. Anyhow, it will be interesting to watch it all play out.

MonkeyHead

Thrills certainly aren't everything, but this is certainly something I've never thought of. Many kids whom these rides are made for will have moved on (but probably still enjoy) when this finally opens in say three years. So temper the expectations parents.

Bairstow

Too bad they're not taking the "themed bathrooms" concept to a new level.
Build the toilets in the restrooms to scale with everything else in the land.

c-dsc06256.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom