Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

NickC

I don't disagree with you, but the track in the concept art is clearly Intamin track.

Several manufactures make track like that. Intamin, Gerstlauer, Zierer, MACK. And all of those manufactures have utilized LIM/LSM launches, so my bet would be on either of the latter before Intamin.

However, at the end of the day, it's just concept art, and given Disney's track record with Vekoma, they'd be my first guess.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
So after all those years of Monsters Door Coaster rumours, we finally see the end result of the Pixar-themed family coaster coming to DHS. Guess that door coaster had too high a price tag when it came down to it, and a raw, unthemed, Six Flags track with a dog face on the cars is about all they could afford in the end.
I have to wonder if they decided a family coaster would be better than another rockin roller coaster type

schuelma

Several manufactures make track like that. Intamin, Gerstlauer, Zierer, MACK. And all of those manufactures have utilized LIM/LSM launches, so my bet would be on either of the latter before Intamin.

However, at the end of the day, it's just concept art, and given Disney's track record with Vekoma, they'd be my first guess.

Gotcha- thanks for the clarification.

D

Deleted member 107043

Yes the current balance of the Studios is very poor, a family coaster is much needed, along with some E-Ticket stuff of course :)

I agree. I don't see much to complain about, especially with this coming on the heels of the Star Wars announcement. If I were to gripe about anything it would be that Buzz will still be in Tomorrowland rather than in this new land, which is where I'd prefer it to be. Still, we're talking about 25 acres of revamped space at DHS, not to mention the Avatar expansion and nighttime show coming to AK. All of this reinvestment is fantastic news for WDW.

Sped2424

If this and starwars are the two things coming with nothing else then toystory playland needs one more attraction I feel. If WDWmagic is right and this isn't the whole story yet then Toy storyplayland is cute as is and will probably be a fan favorite of families. (I am actually far happier with it than I thought I would be.

ToTBellHop

I hope the slinky dog coaster works like a slinking dog. It would be cool if the front took off and then the back sling shot forward and then pushed the front forward and kept going with that kind of "slinky" motion. That would be innovative and make me think this is only something Disney could do.
It won't, but the cars seem to rock like 7DMT.

cba

So after all those years of Monsters Door Coaster rumours, we finally see the end result of the Pixar-themed family coaster coming to DHS. Guess that door coaster had too high a price tag when it came down to it, and a raw, unthemed, Six Flags track with a dog face on the cars is about all they could afford in the end.
Star Wars wasn't good enough?

FitzCats

I hope the slinky dog coaster works like a slinking dog. It would be cool if the front took off and then the back sling shot forward and then pushed the front forward and kept going with that kind of "slinky" motion. That would be innovative and make me think this is only something Disney could do.
I love this idea and find it very creative. I'm just struggling to conceptualize how this would physically work. Seems like any potential ways to do this would require several complicated mechanical parts that could definitely cause a lot of down time for a park that can't afford to have rides broken down.

Mouse3268

Looks pretty well themed to me.

Haymarket2008

I expect there to be more full fledged lands as well as mini-lands (a la 'a bugs land'). And they are smart to save space for more upcoming films. Incredibles is sure to be on their minds. Cars seems to be a definite what with the franchise reaching its 3rd film soon.

mousehockey37

I expect there to be more full fledged lands as well as mini-lands (a la 'a bugs land'). And they are smart to save space for more upcoming films. Incredibles is sure to be on their minds. Cars seems to be a definite what with the franchise reaching its 3rd film soon.

That's the problem. Toy Story is going to be a big chunk of this and all of the other movies that are new or popular are going to be rotated or squeezed in somehow. Making DHS sort of what it was before.... a mix of a lot of different things. Conceptually like I said earlier, they could've had an Andy's room area, Monstropolis, Metroville, etc.... where you can go from land to land and movie to movie... but no. We just have Toy Story in a big way for right now.

ETA: Can they turn the Dinosaur Ice Cream Shop into Dinoco Gas Station that sells ice cream?

Evolution

Toy Story Land will be ok, for now. It's about 10-15 years too late, but it'll be ok I guess. Pixar has grown so much and has so many more movies. Sure, Toy Story started it all, but it's not the be-all end-all.

If they had a Pixar Park/Land, you could go from Monstropolis to Metroville to Andy's room, etc.... The slinky coaster looks seems like a cop out. Like they had something else and this was the fallback ride and the other idea fell through.

For those I saw earlier saying about getting Buzz out of the MK, I agree. It's time to pull him from there and maybe even Woody and Jessie from Frontierland. The Space Ranger Spin could be better done as something else with newer movies out there, maybe some Guardians of the Galaxy-ish. I'm sure most of us wouldn't miss trying to find our "laser dot" that we're trying to shoot with, that is, if your laser gun even works!

I really like this idea. I think it's still possible that it could happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom