Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Chef Kronk

I made a map of the acres they discussed. The area behind Toy Story is 11 acres. The area around Star Tours (including Indy and some parking is 14 acres). There is still the area of LMA and Canynon. That is another 14 acres or so.
101110-efd3c066a86db67c5ddc79a150c8bf01.jpg

I'd love to see a Muppet Studios here or some stuff with Indiana Jones.

FitzCats

That's exactly what it is. Has Intamin track.
As much as I want it to be Intamin track (Intamin has made some of the best coasters in the world), I doubt Disney is working with Intamin on this coaster. I seem to recall some disagreements between Disney and Intamin with modifications made to California Screamin' at DCA after the ride was built. Disney has used Vekoma for the last few coasters at WDW (7DMT, EE) and it seems like they have a pretty strong relationship, so I would expect Vekoma to be used here as well.

schuelma

As much as I want it to be Intamin track (Intamin has made some of the best coasters in the world), I doubt Disney is working with Intamin on this coaster. I seem to recall some disagreements between Disney and Intamin with modifications made to California Screamin' at DCA after the ride was built. Disney has used Vekoma for the last few coasters at WDW (7DMT, EE) and it seems like they have a pretty strong relationship, so I would expect Vekoma to be used here as well.

I don't disagree with you, but the track in the concept art is clearly Intamin track.

orlando678-

I know this sounds stupid , but I want some area based on Tim Burton movies, I mean think of it! It would be perfect for Halloween and Christmas, also a Disney animation land would be great, because the park is barely disney now after the new announcements.

ToTBellHop

They've worked with Intamin since Screamin. Just saying what the track, as pictured, looks like. Clearly Intamin. Given how blurry and crappy most recent Disney concept art is, why be so clear on the structure if they don't already know Intamin is the manufacturer?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yep my money is on Vekoma.

mousehockey37

Toy Story Land will be ok, for now. It's about 10-15 years too late, but it'll be ok I guess. Pixar has grown so much and has so many more movies. Sure, Toy Story started it all, but it's not the be-all end-all.

If they had a Pixar Park/Land, you could go from Monstropolis to Metroville to Andy's room, etc.... The slinky coaster looks seems like a cop out. Like they had something else and this was the fallback ride and the other idea fell through.

For those I saw earlier saying about getting Buzz out of the MK, I agree. It's time to pull him from there and maybe even Woody and Jessie from Frontierland. The Space Ranger Spin could be better done as something else with newer movies out there, maybe some Guardians of the Galaxy-ish. I'm sure most of us wouldn't miss trying to find our "laser dot" that we're trying to shoot with, that is, if your laser gun even works!

SpaceMountain77

Although the announcements are exciting, to me, an announcement describing the vision for the park would have been greater. Yes, we know what is going in, but what is the story? We now have the Hollywood that never was and always will be, an expanded Pixar presence, and Star Wars Land. I did not expect an entire reveal, but all this seems to be a hodgepodge of IPs.

BrerJon

So after all those years of Monsters Door Coaster rumours, we finally see the end result of the Pixar-themed family coaster coming to DHS. Guess that door coaster had too high a price tag when it came down to it, and a raw, unthemed, Six Flags track with a dog face on the cars is about all they could afford in the end.

schuelma

Although the announcements are exciting, to me, an announcement describing the vision for the park would have been greater. Yes, we know what is going in, but what is the story? We now have the Hollywood that never was and always will be, an expanded Pixar presence, and Star Wars Land. I did not expect an entire reveal, but all this seems to be a hodgepodge of IPs.

Agree. Hopefully that is still to come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom