Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
TRON opened in theaters the same year that Epcot opened, 1982. Speaking of Epcot, it could really use a Toy Story shooter ride to round out its offerings.
A new Journey into Imagination titled "Channing V. Figment: Battle for Imagination," where Dr. Nigel has constructed "Imaginative Ray Guns" intended to finish off Figment once and for all. A trackless ride system where you are sent into dark corners of the Imagination Institute hunting the fun-loving purple dragon. Think of it as a darker take on Monsters, Inc. Ride and Go Seek. No children allowed in under 13 without parental guidance. Two possible endings: Figment roasting on a rotisserie grill with a full motion Dr. Nigel Channing animatronic dancing around wildly OR Dr. Nigel Channing's head on a spear with...
Sounds like a great plan to me.

No Name

A new Journey into Imagination titled "Channing V. Figment: Battle for Imagination," where Dr. Nigel has constructed "Imaginative Ray Guns" intended to finish off Figment once and for all. A trackless ride system where you are sent into dark corners of the Imagination Institute hunting the fun-loving purple dragon. Think of it as a darker take on Monsters, Inc. Ride and Go Seek. No children allowed in under 13 without parental guidance. Two possible endings: Figment roasting on a rotisserie grill with a full motion Dr. Nigel Channing animatronic dancing around wildly OR Dr. Nigel Channing's head on a spear with...
Sounds like a great plan to me.
This is the natural evolution of the current attraction.

No Name

In all seriousness I think a trackless shooter ride would be pretty cool because the movement/turning could be a little more unpredictable.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Photos from the new store

Jessies-Trading-Post_Full_48032.jpg

mightynine

Are we taking bets on which shirts end up at the outlets first? Because I'm willing to put money down on those Pizza Planet ones on the upper left.

Jessies-Trading-Post_Full_48029.jpg

doctornick

I assume you could just walk in through the exit?

It's hard for me to believe Disney, especially current Disney, would build a gift shop that required riding an attraction to access.

Let me clarify... Obviously, you could go in the exit. But the way the old temporary shop was set up, you still had a bit of the exit tunnel path to use after exiting the story. So, the "exit" to the shop wasn't directly to the outside. And there was no shop signage outside (AFAIK) that would indicate "hey, you can go here to shop for stuff" to casual passing guests.

I'm completely unfamiliar with the setup for this shop, so I'm not sure how it works. There's no real picture of the store entrance exit, except maybe the following and it makes me wonder that the shop is not easily or obviously accessible by someone unless they ride TSMM. I guess I'm just wondering what the layout is because the article and photos do not make it clear

1658507828563.png

J4546

This is better than I expected but doesnt really serve as the lands shop because its kinda hard to get to and a lot of people prob wont ever know about it unless the ride TSM. Maybe they can create a new entrance signage and pathwprk to make it work better. Regardelss, i Still want an Al's toy barn though

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Let me clarify... Obviously, you could go in the exit. But the way the old temporary shop was set up, you still had a bit of the exit tunnel path to use after exiting the story. So, the "exit" to the shop wasn't directly to the outside. And there was no shop signage outside (AFAIK) that would indicate "hey, you can go here to shop for stuff" to casual passing guests.

I'm completely unfamiliar with the setup for this shop, so I'm not sure how it works. There's no real picture of the store entrance exit, except maybe the following and it makes me wonder that the shop is not easily or obviously accessible by someone unless they ride TSMM. I guess I'm just wondering what the layout is because the article and photos do not make it clear

View attachment 654933
The picture you have above is the entrance into the store that all guests are directed through as they exit the ride.

This is the exit that leads to the outdoor path back into Toy Story Land.

Jessies-Trading-Post_Full_48042.jpg

doctornick

The picture you have above is the entrance into the store that all guests are directed through as they exit the ride.

This is the exit that leads to the outdoor path back into Toy Story Land.

Jessies-Trading-Post_Full_48042.jpg

Okay, that helps and I don't get it from Disney's prospective. Couldn't they have done a better exit/secondary entrance here that invites guests who aren't riding on TSMM to enter? That exit is so ridiculously bland and small. I'm not sure what limitations are with the space but even what is show in the picture could have a wider entrance in front of that door with a marquee showing off a store. 🤷‍♂️

Is "Jessie's Trading Post" even going to appear on maps as a store? How would people find it?

UNCgolf

Okay, that helps and I don't get it from Disney's prospective. Couldn't they have done a better exit/secondary entrance here that invites guests who aren't riding on TSMM to enter? That exit is so ridiculously bland and small. I'm not sure what limitations are with the space but even what is show in the picture could have a wider entrance in front of that door with a marquee showing off a store. 🤷‍♂️

Is "Jessie's Trading Post" even going to appear on maps as a store? How would people find it?

I thought the same thing. If that door was closed it would look like a backstage entrance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom