Toy Story Land at Shanghai

Jones14

Rex’s Racer is built and testing, and it KILLS sightlines in Tomorrowland.

Also, I wonder if there will be any sort of cross-promotion (even a mention on the blog) between the two TSL’s, since they’re both opening right around the same time.

Last edited:

Disneylover152

I'm shocked they even bothered building RC Racer there. That ride has no capacity. It'll consistently have 3 hour waits.

Me too. I thought it was going to be all original rides too. I feel like Disney doesn't want two identical rides at both HK and Shanghai (ex. RC Racer and Slinky Dog Spin are gonna be in both).

cheezbat

Have we seen this concept art yet? Someone posted it on Instagram ( I didn’t link the account as it appears the person may be a cast member).
Looks okay...

Could they please add like two more flat rides to DHS's Toy Story Land? Its going to be such a mess in that park. At least Shanghai has far more attractions to spread people out.

Jones14

Looks okay...

Could they please add like two more flat rides to DHS's Toy Story Land? Its going to be such a mess in that park. At least Shanghai has far more attractions to spread people out.
The chief issue with that is that they’re out of options. Slinky Dog is being used, Woody’s Roundup is Alien Swirling Saucers with a different skin, and Parachute Drop is too tall due to the land’s proximity to Star Wars. Now they could (and should) build a small dark ride centered around the Green Army Men, but there’s no room in the land or budget for it as designed.

They’re really going to be banking on the park firing on all cylinders at all times come 2019 in order to handle the crowds, and even then you’re looking at hour long minimum lines for every ride (save Aliens) all day, every day.

Disneylover152

They’re really going to be banking on the park firing on all cylinders at all times come 2019 in order to handle the crowds, and even then you’re looking at hour long minimum lines for every ride (save Aliens) all day, every day.

But the thing is, DHS in 2011, before any of this construction started, had 19 attractions on the park map. In 2019 (assuming all current rides stay) their will be 20 attractions on the park map (taking out meet and greets), not to mention being in Galaxy's Edge an attraction itself. That's one more attraction than prior the overhaul, and these attractions will have higher capacity (crossing fingers). I don't think the attractions will have really long waits still, except the 5 new ones.

The_Mesh_Hatter

The chief issue with that is that they’re out of options. Slinky Dog is being used, Woody’s Roundup is Alien Swirling Saucers with a different skin, and Parachute Drop is too tall due to the land’s proximity to Star Wars. Now they could (and should) build a small dark ride centered around the Green Army Men, but there’s no room in the land or budget for it as designed.

Imagineering has a budget issue, not a creativity issue.

There could have been ride stacks with a larger ride count.

They could've used the 'Demolition Derby' model on the Woody's Round Up theme rather than the Buzz Space theme. And then build a "Claw" themed spinner. They could have also readapted the Green Army Men parachutes using the 'Flick's Flyer' spinner ride system.

This is one of those lands that makes a decent cases for itself if it actually has a lot of rides. Five would be nice, considering none of them are E tickets.

Last edited:

Brainleech419

seems like a good small land that will help with capacity and not increase the drive to go to Shangai disneyland that much. the woody roundup looks like a good use of the whip ride. I wonder when these lands are done what the power ranking will be in terms Toy story Lands

Brainleech419

I don't really know why, but I like the Shanghai Toy Story Land better than the Hong Kong and Paris one. I still prefer DHS :)
yeah, woody whip ride looks better than the army men ride . would have thought there would be midway mania in Shanghai as it seems like the "spare no expense" park

Disneylover152

yeah, woody whip ride looks better than the army men ride . would have thought there would be midway mania in Shanghai as it seems like the "spare no expense" park

There's also a lot more theming/decoration to this one compared to HKDL and WDSP. This one has a lot more buildings and just feels more immersive than the ones in HKDL and WDSP. And the Woody Whip Ride is there, replacing the Green Army Men, but the Green Army Men is still represented! I don't know why I love this one so much more than the other two, but I just do!

Disneylover152

The Jessie figure (at 0:16 ) looks similar to this...
upload_2017-12-19_18-7-6.png

or this...
Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 6.08.34 PM.png

malice

If these figures are the final product, I can’t believe they passed inspection. The eyes on the SDL versions look wonky. I wonder if some executive will notice and demand them to be repainted. Probably won’t happen and a bit sad to see the attention to detail is already slipping with this first major expansion to the park.

Shanghai Lazy Eyes:
640-101.jpeg

640-121.jpeg

HKDL and DHS:
Hong-Kong-Disneyland-Toy-Story-Land-1-of-1.jpg

sli39485739485.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom