Toy Story Hotel Planned to replace Paradise Pier Hotel?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I wonder if Monsters Inc would be a better fit for a hotel than Toy Story.

I don't know why, I just feel like there'd be potential there.
I agree. Really any movie that features skylines and urban cityscapes would be a better fit. The Incredibles. Big Hero 6. Even Zootopia springs to mind. Toy Story does not. That IP's played out.

PiratesMansion

What I like about it is the entrance puts you right in between the best two rides at the park. Zephyr and Mermaid.
Just like Walt would have wanted!
Is the sidewalk still there and did that little turnstile hit last the DCA make over?
Hard to tell if the old sidewalk to the entrance is still there; it looks like the walkway to the entrance would now be backstage.

The original entrance apparently closed sometime in 2014.

Stevek

We've stayed here twice, and it's by far, the worst hotel in the US Disney Parks.
We stayed once...maybe twice? It was absolutely fine for our purposes as we only paid something like $129/night. I will say that it's no way up to Disney standards...even the value resorts in WDW are better overall.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Some website called DisInsider says that front line cast at PP were notified of the Toy Story conversion today.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"In a presentation this evening, Disneyland officials announced a Pixar overhaul for the Paradise Pier Hotel at the Disneyland Resort. With the overlay, the hotel will also get its own dedicated “portal” to Disney California Adventure.

The theme will not be limited to any single Pixar franchise, but will instead celebrate a variety of franchises. The artistry of Pixar will fully encompass the rooms, lobby, and restaurants. The first thing that guests will experience when walking into the lobby will be the iconic Pixar Luxo Ball and Lamp."

Sharon&Susan

"In a presentation this evening, Disneyland officials announced a Pixar overhaul for the Paradise Pier Hotel at the Disneyland Resort. With the overlay, the hotel will also get its own dedicated “portal” to Disney California Adventure.

The theme will not be limited to any single Pixar franchise, but will instead celebrate a variety of franchises. The artistry of Pixar will fully encompass the rooms, lobby, and restaurants. The first thing that guests will experience when walking into the lobby will be the iconic Pixar Luxo Ball and Lamp."

TDL gets a cool new Space Mountain, while we get the same old hotel with a tacky coat of paint. Thanks Disney!

At least they didn't announce something totally lame for DL's Tomorrowland on the same daytoo like they're bringing back the $50 upcharge Innoventions balcony.... right?

OOF!

mlayton144

Is there really anything to complain about here? This hotel needs some serious TLC , and Pixar has made some of the greatest animated films of all time so it should be a welcome change. Now if one was hoping that they would just bulldoze the structure and start over that is probably the best option, but doesn’t seem feasible with that supposed ownership issue with the land.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Some concept art has been released -

All-New Theme Coming to Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel

markham

I really wish they would just bite the bullet, bulldoze all of the old Disneyland hotels and start over. Grand Californian, you can stay. Clean the slate. No matter how many times you overhaul them, they will never really feel like Disney resorts, because at their core, they weren’t built that way.

But then again, the new Disney hotels aren’t that amazing either. I miss the era of 7-ish story, ground-hugging, completely architecturally themed hotels that they used to build. Not towers that have a vague architectural decoration implying a theme. Looking at you Gran Destino and Riviera. And no matter what you do to the hotels at Disneyland, they will never be more than a hotel tower with decoration standing in for theme.

Sharon&Susan

Some concept art has been released -

I recognize the rest, but what movie is this character set supposed to represent? I just can't make any of the characters out.
charpix.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom