Rumor Toy Story friends makeover

MadTeacup

You have to question how they ended looking so bad on the old faces
Well, for starters these were 90's character designs and It wouldn't be until the mid to late 2000's when we'd finally see a push to make characters appear more screen accurate. Also, I believe that Buzz and Woody were rushed into production after Toy Story became a bigger success than Disney originally anticipated. To get them into the parks as quick as possible, they didn't spend the usual amount of time fine-tuning the designs and doing a test-and-adjust. This decision resulted in long-lasting issues with fit and function that resulted in high levels of discomfort and frequent performer injuries. I really can't stress how long overdue this re-design was.

On a side note, RIP Bullseye. You may have destroyed people's bodies, but you always looked so darn cute doing it.

Cmdr_Crimson

Now that they got them redone...Hopefully they can do this to Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl..They look off model as well..
abe02b00dff33150562b43f9f76e163f.jpg

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Destroyed is probably too harsh a word. Inflicted pain on employees probably better describes the situation.
I guess that it would probably because of the longer neck. Probably why the costumes with the long neck (Br'er Bear, Baloo, Country Bears) got redesigned

brb1006

Well, for starters these were 90's character designs and It wouldn't be until the mid to late 2000's when we'd finally see a push to make characters appear more screen accurate. Also, I believe that Buzz and Woody were rushed into production after Toy Story became a bigger success than Disney originally anticipated. To get them into the parks as quick as possible, they didn't spend the usual amount of time fine-tuning the designs and doing a test-and-adjust. This decision resulted in long-lasting issues with fit and function that resulted in high levels of discomfort and frequent performer injuries. I really can't stress how long overdue this re-design was.

On a side note, RIP Bullseye. You may have destroyed people's bodies, but you always looked so darn cute doing it.
Yeah, I also remember the late 2000s (sometime in late 2009 and early 2010) was when Mr. Smee finally got a makeover looking more screen accurate then his previous look.

Then
gDm7Y9AXdL9WPDj0UgZ79Va5hrtqKDTTO-CjaQxdoWNyCxma88MGMKuKygG8a6LGQmGl7qd2u4WTDdxfz6SQuV_i0cR7lMNiBrAKSw

Now
lkb-HeadroomSmee-right.jpg

Later followed by Marie from The Aristocats in 2013 (Tokyo and Paris) and rolled out to the other Disney Parks around 2014. And recently Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar two to three years ago.

Piebald

Their faces look great, but Buzz's body looks very weird. The shoulders seem too small or the top part of his uniform is just too big. He looks like those guys at the gym who work out chest and arms excessively and then their arms look too short for their body. See video...

Cmdr_Crimson

I now it's been awhile since they have revealed the newer versions of the characters. But, was there any word when they would be doing the switch even if they use them for the cavalcades?

brb1006

I now it's been awhile since they have revealed the newer versions of the characters. But, was there any word when they would be doing the switch even if they use them for the cavalcades?
Thanks for reminding me about this, I almost forgot about the newer versions of Woody, Jessie, and Buzz until now.

brb1006

Looks like they are putting the newer version of the TS characters in Paris next before they bring them out the US parks..Shown here in the DLP 30th ad..

Reminds me of how long it took for Tokyo to fully roll-out the newer Mickey and Minnie heads a few years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom