Rumor Toy Story friends makeover

yensidtlaw1969

He looks like he was - and I suspect he was - pulled from the digital data Pixar animates with. Which bodes very well for Buzz and Jessie.

Honestly, with the 50th upon us now would have been a great time to go over the entire catalogue of active park characters and bring them all into a new century. Disney's recent character updates have largely been quite successful, and it would have been nice to have everyone looking more on-model than ever for the Anniversary of the resort.

brb1006

He looks like he was - and I suspect he was - pulled from the digital data Pixar animates with. Which bodes very well for Buzz and Jessie.

Honestly, with the 50th upon us now would have been a great time to go over the entire catalogue of active park characters and bring them all into a new century. Disney's recent character updates have largely been quite successful, and it would have been nice to have everyone looking more on-model than ever for the Anniversary of the resort.
Yeah, still waiting for Goofy alongside Chip and Dale to gain a makeover.

Ronnie Sanford

Original Poster
82FEA6E2-7CD0-43F9-A065-540CF8ADF377.jpeg

Dutch Inn '76

That IS a big improvement. ...but I've always thought that they shouldn't be characters that can walk around. They are toys. They should make appearances in puppet shows and the like, that's it.

YodaMan

He looks incredible. I can't wait to see the rest. Will be interesting to see if heights changed to make the four regular characters closer to their movie heights, in comparison.

Yes, that was the goal. Unless something has changed, Buzz should be a bit shorter. Expect him to be closer to the height of Chip or Dale and a bit, uh, “less heavy” as well.

yensidtlaw1969

That IS a big improvement. ...but I've always thought that they shouldn't be characters that can walk around. They are toys. They should make appearances in puppet shows and the like, that's it.
It's certainly strange enough that the Toys make appearances in Toy Story Land as both walk-around characters *and* oversize fiberglass sculptures . . . especially since you can easily get a picture with both versions of Woody in it.

You'd think they'd have picked a lane.

Disneyson

It's certainly strange enough that the Toys make appearances in Toy Story Land as both walk-around characters *and* oversize fiberglass sculptures . . . especially since you can easily get a picture with both versions of Woody in it.

You'd think they'd have picked a lane.
I'd actually heard that they were not planning on holding M&G in the land at all, or else that this was at least an idea.

yensidtlaw1969

I'd actually heard that they were not planning on holding M&G in the land at all, or else that this was at least an idea.
Honestly, it *should* have been that way . . . but it also seems a bit out of touch not to give guests a place to Meet and Greet with the Toy Story Characters in the Toy Story Land. It's very fair to say that the experience of taking a picture with the Buzz Statue outside Alien Swirling Saucers is not the same as taking one with the walkaround, meetable character. Truth be told, a lot of what was done in Toy Story Land demonstrates some out-of-touch-ness on the part of its designers.

But then, Disney built a massively expensive Star Wars Land and still has you meeting Darth Vader in the annals of the old Animation building across the park. So . . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom