Rumor Toy Story friends makeover

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Who is Ronnie Sanford? No offence to you OP, I just want to know who you are, and why people are believing what you say in the same way they do Martin, Magic Feather, Mansion Butler, etc. Never saw any of your posts before.

Check post history. He posted a scoop on That Other Site then went silent. Now others are backing up the bears bit and the Toy Story costume redesign in another thread.

There's a tentative credibility, IMO. And you know if I got any whiff of chicanery, I'd be all over it. :)

Cmdr_Crimson

After:
View attachment 383055

Still not perfect, for sure, but better than what we have . . .
Those eyes....
a90.gif

ToyStoryMiss

Finally, some new costumes! They’ve been needing new ones for years. It’ll be nice to finally see Woody look (somewhat) like himself instead of Jake Gyllenhaal.

Disneyson

I’ve heard this too, and it makes sense. Bo Peep shouldn’t be THAT short compared to Woody. And Jessie is clearly taller than Buzz in the films. This, plus the truly unnerving and creepy look of Woody, Buzz, and Jessie required an overhaul. Jusf as CGI has gotten overall better looking, the costumes ought to reflect the new looks of the characters. And considering that they are just a step less popular as Mickey and Friends in merchandising, advertising, etc, they could use a refresh. It’ll be nice to look back at your old vacation photos and not see that scary, scary Woody picture.

Hope that the hours for the gang’s current “friends” get to keep their hours. Perhaps the costuming decision will not only resolve obvious canonical issues, but will also make it easier to cast performers with less challenging heights, especially if there is a difference in availability overseas.

Attachments

• 161DEC67-273B-4DF4-B2FE-C37851CA6540.jpeg
    161DEC67-273B-4DF4-B2FE-C37851CA6540.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 440
  • 4990A8F3-09BE-4E31-BC5D-7E95619F6E10.jpeg
    4990A8F3-09BE-4E31-BC5D-7E95619F6E10.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 446

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Can they make all if then just a little bit shorter? I dont think Woody needs to be 6'10"

trainplane3

I’ve heard this too, and it makes sense. Bo Peep shouldn’t be THAT short compared to Woody. And Jessie is clearly taller than Buzz in the films. This, plus the truly unnerving and creepy look of Woody, Buzz, and Jessie required an overhaul. Jusf as CGI has gotten overall better looking, the costumes ought to reflect the new looks of the characters. And considering that they are just a step less popular as Mickey and Friends in merchandising, advertising, etc, they could use a refresh. It’ll be nice to look back at your old vacation photos and not see that scary, scary Woody picture.

Hope that the hours for the gang’s current “friends” get to keep their hours. Perhaps the costuming decision will not only resolve obvious canonical issues, but will also make it easier to cast performers with less challenging heights, especially if there is a difference in availability overseas.
To me, most looked fine enough (ignoring the height). But the total lack of a neck on Jessie is still hilarious to this day.

MadTeacup

I don’t care WHAT they do, I just want them to look 1) More like the movie and 2) Not mortifying.
You got your wish. The new looks are SO much better.
I like the Buzz Lightyear character because it looks like he has lots of armor :) Will he be changed drastically?
Yeah. He'll actually look more like he does in the movie and be shorter than Jessie. ;) He'll still be heavily armored, though.
Can they make all if then just a little bit shorter? I dont think Woody needs to be 6'10"
You also got your wish. Actually, one of the biggest concerns with the old (current) look is that Woody is too tall and intimidating for so many smaller children. Expect him to be closer to Tigger's height.

To back up @YodaMan , I would expect the new looks to debut about a month from the parks' reopening - two at most.

Nland316

You got your wish. The new looks are SO much better.

Yeah. He'll actually look more like he does in the movie and be shorter than Jessie. ;) He'll still be heavily armored, though.

You also got your wish. Actually, one of the biggest concerns with the old (current) look is that Woody is too tall and intimidating for so many smaller children. Expect him to be closer to Tigger's height.

To back up @YodaMan , I would expect the new looks to debut about a month from the parks' reopening - two at most.
Any other characters we should expect updates for in the near future post park reopening?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom