Toy Story 4

seascape

Toy Story 4 added another 20 million on Tuesday bringing the domestic box office to 155 million. By the end on Thursday it will pass Us and give Disney the top 4 spots on the domestic list. There is no way this movie will be a failure. It will make money and lots of it. I have always believed it will pass Aladdin and reach the 1 billion worldwide boxoffice total. Thus Disney will have 4 billion dollar grossing movies before the end of the summer.

Mike S

Toy Story 4 added another 20 million on Tuesday bringing the domestic box office to 155 million. By the end on Thursday it will pass Us and give Disney the top 4 spots on the domestic list. There is no way this movie will be a failure. It will make money and lots of it. I have always believed it will pass Aladdin and reach the 1 billion worldwide boxoffice total. Thus Disney will have 4 billion dollar grossing movies before the end of the summer.
I remember when reaching 1 Billion was an extremely rare feat. Now it’s 2 billion I guess.

britain

I have never cried so hard at a Pixar Movie before.

But not for the reasons you’d think.

all the metaphor stuff about retirement, the twilight years, second chances on love, how do we go out into the night gracefully and with dignity… Yes I get that and it was emotionally tugging.

But.

When the toys notice the little girl who is lost at the fair, it got real.

Why do we make these silly movies about toys? Why do we even make toys? To entertain/comfort children. And who needs comfort most of all? The lost. The traumatized.

😢

Excuse me, I have something in my eye!

The ending of the movie? Sure, bittersweet. Like a funeral for someone who has lived a long full life, but is happy to move on. I don’t cry at those kinds of funerals.

But childhood trauma? Sniff...

Indy_UK

I loved the movie. I slightly get the 'was this film needed?' senerio but where it's so well made I wouldn't be without it now I've seen it.

I teared up in Bonnies Kindergarden when it came to 'inclusiveness' it's why I love Pixar

HoldenC

We saw it today and I enjoyed it. Toy Story was never my favorite Pixar franchise so i was meh but they did a good job. Nice ending that will hopefully be THE final ending.

brb1006

Remember the Bo Peep backstory mentioned a long time ago. Well Disney+ released a trailer called "Lamp Life" which takes place before the events of TS4.

erasure fan1

I watched it last night since it hit D+. It was just ok. The ending did nothing for me at all. I wasn't a fan of how Woody was handled. So in 3 Andy tells Bonnie that Woody is the most special of the toys. Bonnie puppy dog eyes Andy and reluctantly he passes him on. Even though it has been in the family for multiple generations acording to the second movie? Then Bonnie no longer wants him so he goes rouge? The least they could have done was have him end back up with Andy and his kids or something like that.

The movie had a lot of fun moments. Overall it was good, not great. And I agree with it wasn't needed sentiment.

Mike S

I watched it last night since it hit D+. It was just ok. The ending did nothing for me at all. I wasn't a fan of how Woody was handled. So in 3 Andy tells Bonnie that Woody is the most special of the toys. Bonnie puppy dog eyes Andy and reluctantly he passes him on. Even though it has been in the family for multiple generations acording to the second movie? Then Bonnie no longer wants him so he goes rouge? The least they could have done was have him end back up with Andy and his kids or something like that.

The movie had a lot of fun moments. Overall it was good, not great. And I agree with it wasn't needed sentiment.
That’s for Toy Story 5 😉

Magenta Panther

That’s for Toy Story 5 😉

Let's hope that happens. TS4's woke plot (Jessie's the new sheriff because Bonnie's a little sexist who can't identify with a male hero, apparently) was a real creaker. But Bo Peep wasn't as insufferable as I feared she'd be, thankfully, and Gabby was handled well. I bet that this is the last Toy Story, though. Woody's departure seems permanent. But if we do get another installment, and if I might build on erasure fan's idea, I think it would be interesting if Woody not only returned to Andy and his kids, but met with a whole new group of toys and became their leader. The franchise could use some fresh characters IMO.

brb1006

Let's hope that happens. TS4's woke plot (Jessie's the new sheriff because Bonnie's a little sexist who can't identify with a male hero, apparently) was a real creaker. But Bo Peep wasn't as insufferable as I feared she'd be, thankfully, and Gabby was handled well. I bet that this is the last Toy Story, though. Woody's departure seems permanent. But if we do get another installment, and if I might build on erasure fan's idea, I think it would be interesting if Woody not only returned to Andy and his kids, but met with a whole new group of toys and became their leader. The franchise could use some fresh characters IMO.
What about the "Lamp Life" short?

Mouse Trap

Sounds like something a kid would do. If they wanted to get real brutal and realistic she should've gotten bored with them after 6 minutes and went back to watching videos on her Leapfrog tablet.

erasure fan1

Sounds like something a kid would do. If they wanted to get real brutal and realistic she should've gotten bored with them after 6 minutes and went back to watching videos on her Leapfrog tablet.
Leapfrog? What are we in, 2008? It's an ipad or galaxy or you just aren't cool. The vid that they'd be watching would be, "remember when leapfrog was cool!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom