Toy Story 4

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Realistically not even pixar is safe from this live action nonsense. Under this corporate mindset, no remake is off the table. So while you joke, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if tomorrow they announced it.
Tom-Hanks-Sheriff-with-Deputy-Wilson--88116.jpg

jt04

Between this and Lion King it is no wonder the stock price is to infinity and beyond.

sorry couldn't resist.

Theater owners must love Disney!

Thingamabob

Just as there wasn’t a reason for TS2 and TS3 except to make everyone a lot of $$$.
That is the reason why they make all these sequels. I just wish they could be more original and come up with more new stuff. I mean I really enjoyed Frozen, Moana, and Coco. Why can't they keep up with bringing new stuff?

Prince-1

That is the reason why they make all these sequels. I just wish they could be more original and come up with more new stuff. I mean I really enjoyed Frozen, Moana, and Coco. Why can't they keep up with bringing new stuff?

So you just need three original movies and there was another one coming out called Onward. And the reason why they keep making sequels is very easy, it is because they have a built-in audience already and they know it will be a very easy way to make them a lot of money that is almost guaranteed.

Thingamabob

So you just need three original movies and there was another one coming out called Onward. And the reason why they keep making sequels is very easy, it is because they have a built-in audience already and they know it will be a very easy way to make them a lot of money that is almost guaranteed.
No, just not 3. I just named the most recent 3. I would like them to really do away with sequels and in fact the Live Action Remakes as well and focus on new material with new characters to focus on and new stories.

I understand the whole money bit, but don't you think Disney makes money off of just about anything they put there name to? It certainly seems that way to me.

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

Over 70 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes right now. 100% positive.

Thingamabob

Over 70 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes right now. 100% positive.
Don't get me wrong, even though I'd love for Disney to start producing more new stories and characters I will most likely be in line first weekend to view Toy Story 4 because I love Disney movies and I love Buzz, Woody, Hamm, Rex, Slinky, and the cast of characters. I am not going to miss it.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Can this movie franchise do no wrong? I'm genuinely shocked. Kudos to Pixar. And here I was thinking there was no more gas left in the tank, especially with Toy Story 3 being a nearly perfect franchise send off. Very interesting.

Thingamabob

Don't know why people are set against sequels simply because it's a sequel. Every TV series is just a series of sequels week after week, not just the pilot.
I totally understand that, but aren't these people getting paid huge amounts of money to be original and come up with original ideas from time to time? I can certainly understand a Toy Story 2 or Frozen 2 due to the success of the first, but really after that move onto something original with new characters. It seems like they are running out of ideas. Before I was born looking at the dates the put out originals starting with The Little Mermaid and had a string of original movie hits for a period of time. It seems like there creative minds have run a bit dry and can only produce a new original story with original characters every so often.

khlaylav

Don't know why people are set against sequels simply because it's a sequel. Every TV series is just a series of sequels week after week, not just the pilot.
I mean, I cried in theaters repeatedly at Toy Story 3 (didn't we all) and I still was reluctant for this one because it ended so perfectly. Wrapped everything while also giving a real "And The Adventure Continued" vibe. I just didn't expect them to, you know, continue it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom