Toy Story 4

novawildcat18

Original Poster
http://www.hypable.com/2013/02/19/toy-story-4-confirmed-rumor/

So Toy Story 4 seems to be all but confirmed by Disney/Pixar at this point. What're your thoughts? Do you want to see another movie?

Personally, I think Toy Story 3 had the perfect ending and the little 5 minute shorts before other movies satisfy my need for Toy Story and I think a 4th would be overkill. However, I would love to be proven wrong.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'd personally rather they leave it exactly where they have it, or start with a whole new group of toys.
I'd give them a chance of course, as that franchise has not misfired yet (IMO), but if it were me, I'd love to leave it at TS3 and the quick shorts that check in on them in their new home.

Figgy1

Premium Member

So Toy Story 4 seems to be all but confirmed by Disney/Pixar at this point. What're your thoughts? Do you want to see another movie?

Personally, I think Toy Story 3 had the perfect ending and the little 5 minute shorts before other movies satisfy my need for Toy Story and I think a 4th would be overkill. However, I would love to be proven wrong.
What you said! Would love to be proven wrong! Although from a girls point of view might be interesting!

imagineer boy

Go home Pixar, you're drunk.

Seriously, I'm tired of Pixar making all of these shameless sequels that are being made purely more marketing purposes instead of original movies.

novawildcat18

Original Poster
Go home Pixar, you're drunk.

Seriously, I'm tired of Pixar making all of these shameless sequels that are being made purely more marketing purposes instead of original movies.
I think the only one that can be put into that category is Cars 2. I read that Pixar's employees didn't even enjoy making that movie, they made it purely for box office money and merchandising opportunities.

In no way have any of the Toy Story movies been "shameless sequels" thus far. If you're referring to Monsters University as another "shameless sequel", then I really think you should hold your judgement until you see the movie. From what I've seen, it will have a lot of humor and heart, just like every Pixar movie should. The only one that can be considered a "shameless sequel" at this point is Cars 2 and you cannot bash Pixar (yet).

EDIT: Just remembered that they announced a Finding Nemo sequel, so I do kind of see where you're coming from. But I still wouldn't discount their work until you see it.

juniorthomas

I'm fine with them continuing the story. I love the characters so much, I'm not at all against seeing them again. I may be the only one who thinks that though...

Bparso87

Toy story 3 was the best in the franchise and was shocked by it so maybe I can be shocked agian. Toy story 3 was one movie I cried my eyes out at I don't know how they can top that.

Genie of the Lamp

Toy story 3 was the best in the franchise and was shocked by it so maybe I can be shocked agian. Toy story 3 was one movie I cried my eyes out at I don't know how they can top that.

It was really good but I got to go for #1 as the best being it's the one that started it all for Pixar and that saying "you can't beat the originals". The great thing about this franchise is that there really is no clear definitive answer as to which movie is the best. When you have something like that, it's pretty darn good and shows you will have popularity in the long haul. I shed a few tears when I went to the Southside works when I saw this in theaters too so you aren't alone my friend.

Maeryk

Plot has already dropped.. it's easy enough to find with a quick search.. I like the direction it appears to be going.. Schindler's Toybox was dark.. too dark, IMO, for that franchise. I enjoyed it, but wow.

Magenta Panther

Plot has already dropped.. it's easy enough to find with a quick search.. I like the direction it appears to be going.. Schindler's Toybox was dark.. too dark, IMO, for that franchise. I enjoyed it, but wow.

"Schindler's Toybox", LOL! Perfect description. Wow indeed.

NateD1226

I thought the trailer was pretty sweet! It wasn’t overloaded with stuff and was very sweet! And I agree with @Princess Leia on her statement. Most Pixar teaser trailers are not even from the movie. Take Incredibles 2 teaser trailer as an example.

champdisney

Does anyone really want another Toy Bore movie? Seriously, it boggles my mind this franchise has spawned four films. But as usual, people will eat it up as "iconic Pixar"
Wow... How about leaving a personal opinion disclaimer before boring the rest of us with your constant negativity.

To answer you’re question. Yes! We all want more Woody and Buzz. This is a big money making property and all of the movies have been incredible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom