Toy story 3

gmajew

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saw it tonight with my family and it was great!! Proves again how great pixar is!! If you are older and have young kids it is sad because you can see them in the movie as Andy!!

brent2124

Saw it this morning and it was fantastic. I read somewhere, maybe here, that the opening short before Cars 2 will be featuring the Toy Story characters. The ending leaves the possibility for a future film to be made which if done with the right story line could be another great Disney Pixar film.

ABigBrassBand

Saw it this morning, and I would have to say that it was amazing. Lotso is definitely my favorite new character, well rounded like they should be. As for a sequel to this, I wouldn't want that, as Pixar should end the franchise on a high note instead of expanding it until it eventually falls down (like most of Disney's franchises). However, it IS Pixar, so they know what they are doing. Great movie!

stlbobby

I liked it a lot, as much as two, but I still think one is far and away the best of the bunch.

I'm waiting for the naysayers to to start posting how it is already a failure and it proves that Pixar, Disney, and animation itself are headed for an abysmal end.

That will be fun to read.:(

the-reason14

It was amazing!!!!! I also hope they end it here because its best to leave things the way they were intended, with Andy properly saying goodbye to his toys.

MIYASAKI References were amazing! When I saw Totoro (the big grey bear looking thing at Bonnies house,) I screamed out loud, OMG TOTORO!!!" Lasseter loves Miyasaki films and to pay homage to him like that just made my heart so freaking happy!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp9PDj_zb1k if no one here knows what a Totoro is lol.

All in all, it was an amazing film and if you haven't seen it, go already! =)

Stellajack

Premium Member
Saw it last night--it was great! I didn't expect it to have S-O-O many emotional moments or was it just me???

The review I read that said it wasn't up to TS or TS2 standards was just so wrong! We thought it was a "stand up and cheer, whistle and shout" movie.

Thrill Seeker

I'd say it's the best movie Pixar has ever done. It's emotional, it's hilarious and it grew with the audience who watched the original. The ending is one of the best endings of any trilogy, or any film for that matter, that I have ever seen. This could be the film that gives Pixar it's much deserved Best Picture Oscar...

Disneyfanman

I really put it at the top of Pixar's list, and that is saying something. The last 20 minutes were the most emotional moments of any film for me.......ever. That couldn't have happened without loving the characters and these are TOYS for gosh sakes!

It's an out of the park grand slam. The best trilogy ever made. I just can't say enough about this film! Go and see it.

My favorite funny moment (There were so many!) was the specific actions around Mr. Potato Head's contribution to the escape from Sunnyside! I don't want to say anything else here, but that part of the script was wickedly funny and I will be talking about it forever! It was even more funny because they played it straight!

Part of what got me was that I have two kids in college, and the emotions that this film brought out were dead on. You feel like it's happening again.

Breathtaking, Pixar! Thank you for one of the best moviegoing experiences ever made. Please end the Toy Story saga here. You can never top this one.

Thrill Seeker

Here's my updated official ranking of all Pixar Movies:

11. A Bug's Life
10. Wall-E
9. Finding Nemo
8. Cars
7. Ratatouille
6. Monster's Inc
5. Up
4. Toy Story
3. The Incredibles
2. Toy Story 2
1. Toy Story 3

Thrill Seeker

I really put it at the top of Pixar's list, and that is saying something. The last 20 minutes were the most emotional moments of any film for me.......ever. That couldn't have happened without loving the characters and these are TOYS for gosh sakes!

It's an out of the park grand slam. The best trilogy ever made. I just can't say enough about this film! Go and see it.

My favorite funny moment (There were so many!) was the specific actions around Mr. Potato Head's contribution to the escape from Sunnyside! I don't want to say anything else here, but that part of the script was wickedly funny and I will be talking about it forever! It was even more funny because they played it straight!

Part of what got me was that I have two kids in college, and the emotions that this film brought out were dead on. You feel like it's happening again.

Breathtaking, Pixar! Thank you for one of the best moviegoing experiences ever made. Please end the Toy Story saga here. You can never top this one.

My feeling is that if they could come up with a good script for Toy Story 4 that works, then they should go for it. I am more than happy for this to be the final installment because the ending was incredible. Pixar knows what they are doing, so if they want to make another one and have a good script for it, I'm all for it.

fractal

The Mr. Potato Head part was hilarious!

as was the Barbie - Ken interaction. Great flick all around. :sohappy:

Ghall

My 4 year old son can't wait to see Toy Story 3 but unfortunately he has to wait until the 16th July when it is released here in Ireland.

Candlejack

Tears were streaming down my face in that last scene. It was so touching, especially since I'm going to college this fall, too, and I was watching it with my parents. I'm tearing a little just thinking about it again.

imagineer boy

Hands down best Pixar film ever done, and THAT's really saying something. Simply a perfect movie all around, I had absolutly NO complaints from it.

As for the ending, it didn't make me cry but I will admit it gave me a lump in my throat.

BTW, did anyone get the breif cameo by Sid from the first movie? I think I was the only one who noticed in the theater. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom