Town Square Theater Concept Art

JustInTime

Original Poster
Pretty good insight on what to expect over at Disney Parks blog:

mfp374816SMALL.jpg

Also, the article confirms Fastpasses for Characters and an interactive Queue for Mickey!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...P=SOC-DPFY11Q2TwitterDisneyParks22-02-11@0020

JustInTime

Original Poster
Overall, not too much different than current. However, the marquee and old school Mickey Banner is awesome. And great news on the interactive Queue/Fastpass options. Also, article confirms what we all knew. The Princesses are going to be alongside him for a while.

dreamfinder

I still am curious as to how well the FP will work with a character. I don't think they can determine the average length of a character visit as accurately as they can determine the average ride time.

NewfieFan

Just saw the blog posted on facebook! I like the concept art... and the interactive queue sounds interesting. Do we have dates on this yet?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just saw the blog posted on facebook! I like the concept art... and the interactive queue sounds interesting. Do we have dates on this yet?

No dates yet, just "spring". Word from inside is that it's going to take a while still.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think this is a really great spot for Mickey. It will be great for guests to be able to visit Mickey right inside the entrance, and it will give Main Street a big attraction for a lot of visitors.

GrumpyFan

Seems like a good, almost necessary idea, otherwise that area would be a crowded mess, especially first thing in the morning. Also, the fact that you have to pass by here when you enter the park will make it easy. You just stop by on your way in, grab a Fastpass, and come back when your time gets close.

GrumpyFan

There is always the standby line, or a Mickey meet and greet at another park.

Yeah, they even say that on their post.
How will it work? Magic Kingdom guests will be able obtain a Disney’s FASTPASS specifying a one-hour window when they can return to see the popular character for hugs, photos and autographs – without waiting in the standby queue. This marks the first time the complimentary, computerized service has been utilized for a character meet-and-greet at any Disney Park.

devoy1701

seems like we are farther veering away from the theming of Main Street USA and the MK and making it more generic Disney? I much prefer how Disneyland holds true to the turn of the century theming beyond just the outside of their buildings.

Then again, perhaps the banners will be done in the style of Early period Mickey?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
seems like we are farther veering away from the theming of Main Street USA and the MK and making it more generic Disney? I much prefer how Disneyland holds true to the turn of the century theming beyond just the outside of their buildings.

Then again, perhaps the banners will be done in the style of Early period Mickey?

How so? The building will all be Victorian era - seems to fit very much in with the theme. I understand guests will head through the theater and meet Mickey in his dressing room.

JimboJones123

Now THIS is a Fastpass that I can support.

I will continue to hate attraction fastpasses until my dying breath, but M&G Fastpasses are a really nice idea to spread out waits. Besides, while dad and junior are seeing the Head Cheese, Mom can shop on Main Street. Genius all around on this one.

BigThunderMatt

There is always the standby line, or a Mickey meet and greet at another park.

My question is this: if you get a Fastpass for Mickey, does it count as an attraction Fastpass? In which case, are you not able to get one for anything else until your Mickey Fastpass becomes valid? Meeting Mickey, despite what others may think, is not on the same tier as riding an attraction, and should not be counted as such when obtaining Fastpasses.

jakeman

How is this any worse than when Pooh and Hook used to run for Mayor of Main Street everyday?

That was during the supposed golden age of the mid-90's.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My question is this: if you get a Fastpass for Mickey, does it count as an attraction Fastpass? In which case, are you not able to get one for anything else until your Mickey Fastpass becomes valid. Meeting Mickey, despite what others may think, is not on the same tier as riding an attraction, and should not be counted as such when obtaining Fastpasses.

For some people, visiting Mickey is the main attraction of their day. With the interactive queue, and the detail that is going into this, it should very much be considered an attraction on par with a ride. I would expect it to count the same way as any other ride in terms of FASTPASS allocation.

devoy1701

How so? The building will all be Victorian era - seems to fit very much in with the theme. I understand guests will head through the theater and meet Mickey in his dressing room.

Marqee decorations, the large banners hanging on the building, etc. I get the building will remain as is, but if they have a 15 ft tall banner of current day Mickey Mouse I will be a little turned off. I would much prefer banners that more or less match the Main Street theme and would show an early Mickey Mouse on them.

Just a personal thing. Exposition Hall is my favorite building on Main Street. I don't care much about the actual Meet and Greet!

devoy1701

How is this any worse than when Pooh and Hook used to run for Mayor of Main Street everyday?

That was during the supposed golden age of the mid-90's.

oh thank goodness I missed that. When we moved here to FL in 1990 my parents had a "we're too close to visit WDW regularly" mindset!

Pioneer Hall

My question is this: if you get a Fastpass for Mickey, does it count as an attraction Fastpass? In which case, are you not able to get one for anything else until your Mickey Fastpass becomes valid? Meeting Mickey, despite what others may think, is not on the same tier as riding an attraction, and should not be counted as such when obtaining Fastpasses.

That is truly in the eye of the beholder. There are some families who find the highlight of their trip to be a meeting with the mouse. Right now, I would get a fastpass to see Mickey, but someday when I have little kids I can see this being a highlight for me over Splash Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom