Town Square storefront refurbishment - corner of Emporium near barbershop

WDWtraveler

Original Poster
Photo update as of Wednesday, May 13.

IMG_5411.JPG

IMG_5408.JPG

aladdin2007

The side of that building never could be seen before, just like with the awful corner of the Plaza, why are they intent on showing the sides and in this case building rails, ruining the show!

jt04

Thank you traveler very much. Your skills make exceed a certain merf character so that is saying something.

LL2WDW

The side of that building never could be seen before, just like with the awful corner of the Plaza, why are they intent on showing the sides and in this case building rails, ruining the show!

You could always see that side of the building, there was nothing previously there to block that view. More likely, you just didn't walk that close to side of the building to view it from that angle.

gibson12

I could have sworn this area was in refurb last year. Am I losing my mind?

Yeah, I thought some of the other Main Street buildings they've hit this year were done pretty recently too. Maybe they just have to keep at them every year or two because of the Florida sun?

Bolt

Those handrails are now new building code, too.

Next Big Thing

Those handrails are now new building code, too.
If they have to be there, they should at least make an attempt to theme it up a bit.

From this angle and coming from the AdvLand bridge walking towards Casey's (by the backstage CM area) the view of these rails is terrible and really takes you out of the setting.

Vegas Disney Fan

You could always see that side of the building, there was nothing previously there to block that view. More likely, you just didn't walk that close to side of the building to view it from that angle.
I was thinking the same thing, about the only place you could possibly see the side of this building would be standing between the fire house and the vehicle storage building, and then you'd have to be looking up into the sky rather than at the 10,000 things designed to grab your attention. It's noticeable but only if you were really looking for it, 99.99% will never see it, and of the ones that do see it 99.99% wouldn't give it a second thought.

The parts your intended to see look great.

ToTBellHop

If they have to be there, they should at least make an attempt to theme it up a bit.

From this angle and coming from the AdvLand bridge walking towards Casey's (by the backstage CM area) the view of these rails is terrible and really takes you out of the setting.
I don't know if it is the case, here, but sometimes devices mandated for safety cannot be themed. Ever been in the fire escape stairways at the Resort Hotels? It was so jarring when we were in Animal Kingdom Lodge because we could take a fire escape stairs (that was left open during the day) as a shortcut to the bus stops--you opened the door and the theming was gone and it felt like a hospital!

In reality, views like these have always been found in the parks, but we didn't have the ability to take 763 pictures during one day in the park to document them all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom