towerof terror moters

chrisps

Original Poster
I was just wonding how do the tower of terror moters work I know that they are eltovtor motors but how do the moters excted the elvtoror? Are the motors at the top of the shaf? Is the motor in the basemet of the tower of terror by the eltorors where you loed real?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ok..

Spelling nonwithstanding I think I understand your question. Welcome to the boards BTW!

Each drop shaft has a motor that weighs 132,000 pounds. They are 12x7x35 feet in size and since they sit above the drop shafts had to be lifted in by crane. Each motor reaches top speed in less than a second and a half. The pulley system is a complicated loop arrangement, since as well as lifting the ride vehicles (VVC or Vertical Vehicle Conveyance) upwards, they actually pull the VVC downwards too at a speed faster than gravity could, hence an accelerated freefall. Each motor has to be able to lift and drop more than ten tonnes (combined VVC, AGV (Autonomous Guided Vehicle - the part you sit in) and guests) smoothly and safely each time.

funky_shao

Nice description! Do you know if the motors are squirrel cage induction or synchronous?

Or maybe some super awesome super conductor based ceramic motor :D?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom