Tower season greetings projections.. do you like it?

Do you like the holiday projections on Tower?

• Yes

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Eh, See Response

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Apparently Disney cancelled all of sunset boulevards season greetings show, except for the projections on tower. Makes me wonder, do you all like that aspect of it?

I really was expecting them to cancel the projection this year. I don't want the haunted hotel to look like a gingerbread house.. In my usually controversial opinion, it shows a total lack of respect towards the brilliant attraction and it's overall theme. Thoughts?

Cmdr_Crimson

Well at least 3 out of 4 icons do something for the holiday's...Such a waste of projection tech not being used on SSE..

Except, Mike Wazowski
mike1.gif

Annnnnnnnd the Death Star..
death-star-2gif.gif

JIMINYCR

A vote of NO. I knew that there was never going to be anything Disney did that could come close to having the Christmas impact and thrill that Osborne Lights and Music had. Hanging some lights, garland, having reindeer scattered around and video screen presentations can only compensate a little in relationship to what we all once loved. I'm sure projecting scenes off of ToT might seem like a good idea because the Castle projections seem to work well...(I'm not really a fan of that but its OK ) but it just fails off of ToT. To me it just doesnt come across as well.

LastoneOn

Incredibly vibrant.
Clash of theming? lol
The lights were fun, just the mass of the stuff was incredible. But didn't really feel Christmas to me.

All the tears and sorrow and pining for the past, and we all don't love the same things. ugh.

VicariousCorpse

Incredibly vibrant.
Clash of theming? lol
The lights were fun, just the mass of the stuff was incredible. But didn't really feel Christmas to me.

All the tears and sorrow and pining for the past, and we all don't love the same things. ugh.
So you think turning a haunted scary hotel ride into a gingerbread house isn't a clash of theming? Ok then...

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I voted no simply because the tower has too many bumps and angles and theming that the projections just aren't able to cover very well. It looks ugly.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I like it as a special overlay, but not running all of the time. It definitely takes away from the theme, but is cool to watch. Maybe just run the projection show once every 30 minutes?

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Incredibly vibrant.
Clash of theming? lol

I mean i'm no fan of any seasonal projection on it, but if we had to have Sunset Boulevard's Season Greetings.. I feel they could've done it more tastefully. Maybe kept "The Hollywood Tower Hotel" sign lit up whilst bringing us the story of how Christmas at The Hollywood Tower Hotel would've looked prior to Oct 23rd, 1939; make it look like the glitz and the glitter of a bustling young movie talent at the height of its golden age. Make the hotel an actual part of the show. Make it alive.

But nope, that's too much to ask. They just throw some Disney characters on there, some presents, and call it a night. They're literally using the facade, a major show element of the attraction itself, as one big screen for their cutesy Disney characters IP and it rubs me the wrong way.

Just add it to the list of things I'm really unhappy about regarding the way WDW is running their park operations.

Marc Davis Fan

They're literally using the facade, a major show element of the attraction itself, as one big screen for their cutesy Disney characters IP and it rubs me the wrong way.

Just add it to the list of things I'm really unhappy about regarding the way WDW is running their park operations.

I agree. This is a hit to the thematic integrity of one of WDW's best-themed areas.

The original purpose of Sunset Season's Greetings was, in my understanding, to add a pre-SWGE reason for people to stay in the park until evening. So, I was hoping it would "glow away" after SWGE opened. Alas, now that they installed the projections and did the animation design work, I suspect the thinking is "we might as well just keep it around..." :-/

The Empress Lilly

I don't mind the projections. It's Christmas, it's a fun temporary effect.

The ToT projections are a bit of mixed quality and entertainment value though.

Appreciation may vary. I wouldn't want this on SSE. For some reason, Christmas in DHS totally works for me. One of my favourite Christmas areas.

Club Cooloholic

I haven't seen it yet but am very excited to. For something that isn't part of it all year long I think it's a fun little thing. Maybe what they could do is run it every half hour and keep it natural the other half hour?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom