Tower of Terror Relevance

Doodlyday

Original Poster
I have a question for everyone...

Do you think that Tower of Terror will ever be taken down due to lack of relevance? sure, people are well aware of The Twilight Zone now, but perhaps one day it will be forgotten, or do you think it will always be a ride that people will be attracted to despite not knowing the series, knowing only the ride, as many people ride Splash Mountain, but know little to nothing about Song of the South.

Personally, I think people will be attracted to it even if they do not know about The Twilight Zone. However, I think something like Rock 'n' Roller Coaster will eventually experience at least a retheming, as that ride depends heavily on the awareness of Aerosmith and their music, while it seems ToT can be ridden without having seen one episode of the show.

JohnD

I have a question for everyone...

Do you think that Tower of Terror will ever be taken down due to lack of relevance? sure, people are well aware of The Twilight Zone now, but perhaps one day it will be forgotten, or do you think it will always be a ride that people will be attracted to despite not knowing the series, knowing only the ride, as many people ride Splash Mountain, but know little to nothing about Song of the South.

Personally, I think people will be attracted to it even if they do not know about The Twilight Zone. However, I think something like Rock 'n' Roller Coaster will eventually experience at least a retheming, as that ride depends heavily on the awareness of Aerosmith and their music, while it seems ToT can be ridden without having seen one episode of the show.

Why? Going into the parlor sets the stage for the ride even if you never heard of the show before.

Beholder

Why? Going into the parlor sets the stage for the ride even if you never heard of the show before.

I was thinking something along those same lines, that the attraction itself is basically an episode of Twilight Zone. No need to be very familiar with the TV show, people find out soon enough what "The Zone" was all about. I believe that this attraction will stay relevant, due in no small part to its brilliant design and execution.

Cmdr_Crimson

They had this same issue at both Kings Island & Dominion where they have a Launched Coaster (Similar to RRC) that was theme around the other Sci-Fi Franchise....
olfoflogo.gif

After the contract was dropped everything that was involved with it was removed and then changed to...
flight-of-fear-BatK.png

Goofyernmost

Relevant? The Twilight Zone was a dead concept at the time that ToT was built. There were no TV shows, the host and developer had been dead for many years. No one watched black and white rerun TV shows at that time (nostalgia hadn't kicked in yet), but, the Twilight Zone concept is easily understandable no matter what. It will always be relevant. People may not have a clue about who this slick haired guy is in the introduction, but, the concept is universal, not specific to a long past TV show. It works magnificently in ToT.

JohnD

It also harkens back to a different time in Hollywood. Is 2016 supposed to be the only relevant time? If so, then why bother showing old movie clips and scenes in TGMR. Walt is dead. Who cares about One Man's Dream? I guess he's no longer relevant. 50s Prime Time Cafe. What's all that with black and white monitors and servers reminding you of your manners. Not relevant.

BiffyClyro

I'm too young to have been around when Twilight zone was on, but I've still heard of it, know what it is and get the jist of it.... It's a classic and I think TOT would only work if it sticks with it's theme. Maybe one day it will get another update, but their is so many ways Twilight zone could update/ directions to go in that they could refurb and stick with the theme.

If not there's always Guardians to fall back on. :p;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom