Tower of Terror recent wait times?

Pluto89

Original Poster
I have noticed for last week it seems like that ToT has had extremely long wait times (yesterday 145mins)!! Anyone know what is going on? Is this due to prep for the seasonal offerings? I know I saw some scaffolding on the tower. Maybe they are only running on side?

krause

I saw that yesterday too and the RnR line was fairly short about 45 minutes I think so I figured that RnR was probably down so all those people went to ToT which filled that queue and then RnR opened again. There’s loads of possibilities though. I don’t think there’s anything special happening there though. It is Halloween though - maybe people need their fill of spooky :joyfull:

Tom Morrow

Fastpass+ has been a detriment to Tower of Terror much more than most attractions.

What most people don't know is that Tower of Terror breaks down constantly. You just usually aren't aware, because the other side keeps functioning normally. Previously this meant that the wait time would suddenly jump up to double what it was until the other side returned to operation.

However, Fastpass+ has caused way, way more guests to have Fastpasses for Tower of Terror than the original system. Under legacy Fastpass, most park visitors would choose TSMM or RnRc as their first Fastpass and utilize Tower of Terror's standby line. Something to remember is that when all possible distributed Fastpasses for an attraction are returning, they account for 80% of the ride's capacity. So previously, Tower of Terror generally had a manageable wait time since there were far less Fastpass holders entering. Now, nearly every guest in the park has a Tower Fastpass due to the ability to choose three at once.

So not only has it drastically artificially increased ToT's standby wait times, whenever one side of the attraction goes down (again, pretty much daily), it creates a serious gridlock. When most attractions go down, the Fastpass holders for that attraction are sent elsewhere or can return later. But since ToT remains open, what accounts for 80% of the capacity of both sides of ToT are now forced into one side.

Does that make sense? Basically, Fastpass+ is bad.

LowesChevy

We were on property 16th-27th with two days at DHS. First day RnRC was down fro most of the day, next day there ToT was only operating at 1/2 capacity so wait times were 90+ so yes the wait times have been longer than usual. No GMR to spread the crowds. Star Tours stand by times were reasonable though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom