Tower Of Terror Programing!!!

tenchu

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
Does ToT have any special programing or does it have the same show everytime?

I heard that they could change the drop sequence when ever they want but I'm not sure. I think it would be really good if they made it seem like the ride had stopped before the big drop, so no-one is expecting it, that would really frighten everyone then!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Re: Re: Tower Of Terror Programing!!!

Originally posted by tenchu

I heard that they could change the drop sequence when ever they want but I'm not sure. I think it would be really good if they made it seem like the ride had stopped before the big drop, so no-one is expecting it, that would really frighten everyone then!

That was pretty much how it was when it first opened. The single drop profile had the elevator stopping at the top, doors would then open, and then you would fall.

The Tower is programmable, but it involves a fair amount of work. Factors that have to be considered include ride cycle time, and how that will affect loading/unloading, and ride capacity.

I would expect to see another profile for the Tower within the next year. :)

woofboy111

Re: Re: Re: Tower Of Terror Programing!!!

Originally posted by wdwmagic

I would expect to see another profile for the Tower within the next year. :)

And that would hopefully be more drops, and not less!!!

Tom Morrow

I think the current drop configuration is the best one so far. The one in 1999 seemed kind of tame.

NEW! In 2010! Tower of Terror now drops 25 times!

NowInc

If you remember...its now the tower of MORE terror...it shakes..drops multiple times..etc...

Its made so that with some pre-planning...it would be fairly easy to update and change...and oh..how i wish for the rumored "random drop sequence"

hellokitty1

there is a rumor going around on another posting board--
that they are going to start random dropping summer of 2002
not sure exactly where this information came from
but that would be cool.

The_CEO

Original Poster
They could make it where ToT had to drop SO many times before it could end. Then the computer could just choose how many additional drops to add to that certain ride sequence.

tenchu

It would be good if they ran different drop sequences on the same day, as in the drop sequence is random out of maybe or variations. I realise what a nightmare that would be to work though.

NowInc

Originally posted by tenchu
It would be good if they ran different drop sequences on the same day, as in the drop sequence is random out of maybe or variations. I realise what a nightmare that would be to work though.

Be patient..this has been the rumor for a LONG time already...it may just happen..

Al

I am REALLY confused here! could somebody explain, i thought you went in, had the preshow and stuff, went to the top, got in the elevator and

d
o
w
n

, is that not right? whats all this about drop sequences:veryconfu :veryconfu

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Alberrisford
I am REALLY confused here! could somebody explain, i thought you went in, had the preshow and stuff, went to the top, got in the elevator and

d
o
w
n

, is that not right? whats all this about drop sequences:veryconfu :veryconfu

The Tower runs a pretty complex sequence of drops Its more than just go to the top, and drop.

Here is how it goes...

Library Pre show
Boiler Room
Up to Corridor Scene
Doors open
Corridor Scene Show
Doors Close
Up to 5th Dimension
Doors Open
Elevator moves forward through 5th dimension show scene
False doors open
Enter Drop Shaft
Half drop
Back Up to top - main outside doors open
False mini drop
Back Up to top
Full drop
Back Up to half way
Lightning Scene
Elevator Shake
Back Up to top
Full drop down
Back Up to top
Full drop down
Final post show scene
Exit

:D

cm1988

Originally posted by wdwmagic

The Tower runs a pretty complex sequence of drops Its more than just go to the top, and drop.

Here is how it goes...

:D
So you were the guy taking notes in the third row.:lol:

mej

When I did ToT first (about 3 years ago) I thought that the "big drops" weren't in the dark and yet this time (July 01)they were. Perhaps I was just hyper sensitive to anything with an extra fright factor as I had my 3 year old and 6 year old with me this time! (They both loved it - the only thing that frightened the little one was the way that the "grown ups" behind us started to cry!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom