Tower of Terror "new stories and effects" coming?

999th Happy Haunt

Great ride, but I don't think it fits the new "IP" theme Hollywood is going with. It would be better to make it an Incredibles or Monsters Inc ride.

itsy bitsy spider

LOL, I'm a troll for telling the truth??? Some people need to take off their Disney goggles. It will be a great ride whether it's Twilight Zone or something else.

Why not get a few bucks out of junior's pocket???

ImperfectPixie

Great ride, but I don't think it fits the new "IP" theme Hollywood is going with. It would be better to make it an Incredibles or Monsters Inc ride.
Kids of that age group don't generally like scary drop rides in the dark (speaking from experience with my boys). Plus there's the whole height restriction thing.

Tom Morrow

The Twilight Zone IP matters very little to the attraction. You could remove it and still retain the exact same story and setting. It might even improve because they could add in more storytelling elements and less "remember this from the title sequence??"

FigmentJedi

What was that guy smoking?
Yeah, clearly Pandora's the thing that should get replaced with Godzilla. Over the years Godzilla has hit all three of those "Animal Kingdom Values" rules and I think Monsterverse's weird little "Earth's native Giant Monsters are good for the environment" tangent is way more optimistic then Avatar's whole "Earth is doomed, let's go be hippies on the Blue Furry Planet" thing.

cjkeating

Is there still the preshow?

And can you still get the original story?

I'm confused, and I thought this was temporary. Now that I know it's permanent this seems a lot less "good."

So an update for you...

The pre-show remains as is, no changes.

The original story is gone.

I had 2 of the 3 storylines, both were well done and used the two current show scenes in new and unique ways. The drop sequence went on a lot longer off-set by shorter show scenes. The little girl speaks in English and French, she is much more sinister/scary than the old show which I would describe as spooky.

Overall the reaction from guests seemed to be positive, I think many were caught off guard because there isn't really any indication that the ride has changed unless you know about it.

lightningtap347

So an update for you...

The pre-show remains as is, no changes.

The original story is gone.

I had 2 of the 3 storylines, both were well done and used the two current show scenes in new and unique ways. The drop sequence went on a lot longer off-set by shorter show scenes. The little girl speaks in English and French, she is much more sinister/scary than the old show which I would describe as spooky.

Overall the reaction from guests seemed to be positive, I think many were caught off guard because there isn't really any indication that the ride has changed unless you know about it.
Thanks for the update!

I feel like the preshow being without the original story seems a little disjointed?

cjkeating

Thanks for the update!

I feel like the preshow being without the original story seems a little disjointed?

You would think that however if you rewatch the preshow you realise that it doesn't actually set up what to expect in the show part of the ride. All it sets up is that the maintenance service elevator is waiting for you... the little girl from the preshow video still appears so there is that connection.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom