Tower of Terror "new stories and effects" coming?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
The opposite would be better IMO. You arrive at the club, abandoned like the rest of the hotel. Then as you move through it everything comes to life around you a la The Shining where the spirit of the hotel is coming to life because of your presences, and it gets more sinister as you approach the missing elevator since you are crossing over into the Twilight Zone. Its an interesting idea in theory!

I like that idea too! Either way, with the general idea that the 5th dimension scene be some part of the hotel (Tip Top Club or something), i'd bet the imagineers could wow us if given the time, creativity and budget.

Marc Davis Fan

The WDSP changes look terrible. The pacing and the buildup of suspense is gone.

A change of this sort world ruin one of Imagineering’s artistic masterpieces.

In general, I’m all for “plussing” attractions properly. But some things are seriously, SERIOUSLY better left alone.

This is remarkably similar to George Lucas messing with the original Star Wars films, except with more drastic and worse changes.

Rodj

The WDSP changes look terrible. The pacing and the buildup of suspense is gone.

A change of this sort world ruin one of Imagineering’s artistic masterpieces.

In general, I’m all for “plussing” attractions properly. But some things are seriously, SERIOUSLY better left alone.

This is remarkably similar to George Lucas messing with the original Star Wars films, except with more drastic and worse changes.
From the videos that WDSP got of one of the other stories, which they only shown the drop portion with the camera mainly facing the riders, looked like it had a similar buildup of suspense as I saw right before it dropped, the hallway scene with stars was visible. So maybe that story has a similar buildup like how the OG Paris/DCA scenes were like.

tomast

I posted this same story a few months ago in the Epcot Guardians thread. It seemed relevant here given the comment above:

A coworker of mine recently reached out as they were going to Disneyland for the first time. A couple in their 40s with their one tween daughter. My coworker is a pop culture geek but also a well-grounded C-suite exec at a multi-billion dollar company. None of them had ever been to Disneyland. I gave them an extensive multi-day touring plan. Off they went.

Upon their return we had lunch and he told me that GotG: Mission Breakout their favorite ride...by far. I inquired about some of the Disneyland classics...Pirates, Mansion, Indy, etc...and his response had me think about the parks in a different way (relevant to this conversation). He said that since none of them had never been, the nostalgia/Americana aspect of Disneyland held very little interest to them. They told me they actually spent more time in DCA than DL over the course of 4 days. Relevance to them was Guardians, Toy Story Mania, Soarin’, etc.

It’s easy to forget how so many of the “classic” rides rely on our own nostalgia and to someone 100% new to the experience, they may not be as special.

Would they have enjoyed the Hollywood Tower Hotel as much? We’ll never know.

ToT is one of the best atractions on WDW. by far the best in DHS. it has nothing to do with "nostalgia" and way less with "Americana". It has a great story, an awsome ride, an usless IP, a nice atmosphere, the lobby is perfect and the cast members have really nice outfit. I love it and I am not even from the U.S.

Soarin´ is really nice too but it do not have all that atmosphere with Disney feeling in it . Toy Story mania is good, It has a great IP,the atmosphere is ok but the atraction per-se is clearly below in quality level.

The Haunted Mansion is another great Ride but latetly it has lost the "Spooky" atmosphere that it used to had. I miss the wolfs, and the new line is kind of silly. I love how it used to be spooky until you get on the ride itself. Oh and I hate how they do not respect the streching room like everybody is on the phone, the host starts speaking and the room streching and the doors are still open and cast members shouting "MOVE TO THE CENTER, DONT TOUCH DE WALL". It used to be better when they make you wait on the room previous to the streching room.

lightningtap347

I have tried to remain spoiler free regarding the show elements as I am at DLP from Sunday however I have heard on Twitter that whatever audio is used in the shafts is now bilingual.

If no-one else can confirm before I can report back next week.
Is there still the preshow?

And can you still get the original story?

I'm confused, and I thought this was temporary. Now that I know it's permanent this seems a lot less "good."

Tom Morrow

If they do end up beefing up the WDW version, I think the 5th dimension could use a renovation. I can't remember who it was but someone on this board suggested they turn that scene into the Tip Top Club, and then halfway through the elevators journey everyone turns to ghosts and disappear or something. Kind of like a transition between vibrant / alive, to abandoned and 80 years untouched. I thought that would've been cool.
This was my idea! I'd still love to see it happen.

cjkeating

Is there still the preshow?

And can you still get the original story?

I'm confused, and I thought this was temporary. Now that I know it's permanent this seems a lot less "good."

I will find out on Sunday (or likely on Tuesday when I visit WDSP) however as I haven't seen any comments or outrage about the pre-show being gone or changed then I believe it is still the same.

MiddKid

ToT is one of the best atractions on WDW. by far the best in DHS. it has nothing to do with "nostalgia" and way less with "Americana". It has a great story, an awsome ride, an usless IP, a nice atmosphere, the lobby is perfect and the cast members have really nice outfit. I love it and I am not even from the U.S.

My post that you quoted was not calling ToT nostalgic nor Americana. It was in response to a comment by someone saying that the Guardians overlay at DCA was a disaster. The point of the story is that there are many visitors who see value in a Guardians overlay and not as much value in some of the classic experiences at Disneyland (hence the nostalgic and Americana comments).

Not only do I agree with you on WDW’s Tower, I used to be a bellhop there.

Movielover

I love Tower, but it doesn't sell enough t-shirts. It's time for a retheme.

giphy.gif

Sorry, kinda threw up in mouth there for a sec...

Rodj

It's supposed to be much louder than that. The drop lift speakers are off completely.
Its just the VVC speakers that are not working. Profile 4 utilizes the shaft audio the most and never seems completely quiet in any spot compared to the other profiles, and the Fear Every Drop profile is the one that utilizes it the least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom