Tower of Terror female narrator

MrMorrowTom

Wow this is a puzzler

I always thought it was a guy but upon close listening it could be either.

I will have to disagree with the Linda Hunt. At first i thought it was her too, but there are to many differences. Her voice is a little raspier than the spiel.

Who ever finds a credit of a solid source gets a cookie.

andre85

I'm really surprised at everyone who thought it sounded like a guy. I never once questioned that it was clearly a girl, to my ears.

andre85

As long as we're talking about voices on ToT, I definitely like our "Rod Serling" better than DCA's. Their Serling sounds more like Rod Serling's "hip" son trying to sound like his dad. Just my $0.02.

Agreed. Though as someone mentioned above, it is the same person. But WDW's is basically spot-on, whereas it sounds like he lost it a bit for the DCA version. Still solid though.

WDITrent

Remeber, everyone, the recording sessions for the original ToT probably happened in 1993 if not earlier. So Linda Hunt's voice might have gotten raspier over the course of 17+ years.

thelookingglass

The spiel at load wasn't added until much later, though, and the voice sounds the same as it does before the library doors open and at the end of the ride.

Rob562

The voice in the linked God of War video does not sound like the safety spiel on ToT. The video is clearly a woman. I still stand by the safety spiel being a man.

Now, you want an "androgynous elderly" voice? How about the narrator to Disneyland's Believe holiday fireworks... :lookaroun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PANf-PVsLhw

-Rob

Well I have also been curious about the voice that does the safety spiel during loading. Mark Silverman had done a narration for my project about 6 months ago, so I emailed him and asked if he knew who did the safety spiel for the Tower of Terror. He told me he had asked the casting director some yrs ago, and was told it was a female from outside the US, but he does not recall the name.

_caleb

So it is the same narrator in English and Spanish correct? Can any native Spanish-speakers tell me if the narrator sounds like a native speaker or has an accent?
Strong English-speaker accent.
It's well-rehearsed, and well-acted, but the Rs, Ts, and vowel slides do not sound like a native Spanish speaker.
"perman-escon sen-tahdos..."

Last edited:

fngoofy

Never realized it was a woman. I always thought is was someone doing an impression of John Fiedler, the actor that did Piglet's voice. Also in the classic Trek episode Wolf in the Fold.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Count me in as aways thinking it was a woman. I listened a few more times and I still hear a woman...ESPECIALLY in the Spanish version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom