Tower of Terror debuts new on-board video souvenir with Memory Maker and MagicBands

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
O.k... I see your point on the well endowed comment. However you must not have seen the video. As on ride experiences goes, it kinda sucks. You are proof that one would think it is a camera mounted on the ride vehicle and you get to see everything jiggle, and heads bounce, and hair fly as you go up and down the ride. That might be what it should be... it definitely isn't what it is.

It is a stationary camera, at the top, and it simply shows you there, and then the ride vehicle falls out of frame. It is barely more than a still photo in this case. I'll see if I can find the one posted to you tube. Its a nice product, about 35 seconds long, but 30+ second of it are stock video, spliced between 2 very short pieces of your ride vehicle. (one rolling down the hall, and the drop I mentioned)

Did you look at the video, It only appeared to be the first drop. The video didn't record the whole drop. So I don't know where you get the up and down and up and down thing from? I have decent size tits and it doesn't bother me the slightest if they jiggle on video.

I am assuming, and yes I know how that goes sometimes, that the video they used is more of a promo video, then an actual final product Memory Maker video. If I am wrong, then my objections certainly carry less weight.

dreamfinder

I am assuming, and yes I know how that goes sometimes, that the video they used is more of a promo video, then an actual final product Memory Maker video. If I am wrong, then my objections certainly carry less weight.

Seeing as how a PP posted a link to a second copy of the video, with about 80% identical footage, I don't think it's going to be changing much. Since the different drop profiles result in varying number of times at the opening, it makes sense that only one drop gets shown in the video. Keeps everything nice and uniform.

blm07

Looks like they have different stock video to use for the first shot of the elevator depending on how many people are in the elevator. Not a fan of the voice over, or the blinding lights they use to take the video. It doesn't bother me from ground level, just while on the ride.

dreamfinder

Are they going to eventual phase out the on ride pictures?

I don't think in the short term. There are still people that buy just the individual shots, and video isn't practical for everyone. If it's a well designed system they should be able to potentially use a single frame grab for the picture. I'd view it more as a bonus add on to the photos.

ABQ

Can you confirm if the drop is now accompanied by a very distracting bright light as was noted in the videos a while back during, I assume, a testing process? Daytime experiences may not be changed much, but night would be rough.

NeXuS1000

I, surprisingly, got both videos and images during my WDW trip in mid August.

I didn't notice any bright light whatsoever during the ride, but both times we rode it were during the day, so it may have been less noticeable.

What struck me the most as amazing, and a truly great experience, was how the images and videos found their way to my Disney account without me doing anything. This happened with all on-ride photos tbh, but this was by far the most awesome usage of MyMagic+ I experienced during the trip, and quite an impressive technical feat (actually knowing from my wristband that I'm the one being taken a photo/video of right now). I'm impressed.

boufa

Can you confirm if the drop is now accompanied by a very distracting bright light as was noted in the videos a while back during, I assume, a testing process? Daytime experiences may not be changed much, but night would be rough.

I confess, that I actually am not there. I am sharing a photopass account with some friends who are there now. I won't be there until next week. I can definitely see their ride video and still images in the photopass account. So for the purposes of the question I answered I can confirm it is working.

As for the bright light... unless they taught cameras to see in the dark, then I would bet 100% that the light is still there. The quality of the video and still is no different than that I saw in the test/early footage. Its one of those things that unless you are looking for it, I doubt you would even notice it.

Unless of course you are obsessed with every possible less than 100% how you would do it kind of people, then it is yet another example of the complete incompetence of TDO management, and proves how much better universal is. (Sorry, I'm just getting tired of the same old run around on these forums, everyday I swear I'm going to stop reading, and everyday I come back like a moth to bug zapper... Maybe I just need more bran)

ABQ

I confess, that I actually am not there. I am sharing a photopass account with some friends who are there now. I won't be there until next week. I can definitely see their ride video and still images in the photopass account. So for the purposes of the question I answered I can confirm it is working.

As for the bright light... unless they taught cameras to see in the dark, then I would bet 100% that the light is still there. The quality of the video and still is no different than that I saw in the test/early footage. Its one of those things that unless you are looking for it, I doubt you would even notice it.

Unless of course you are obsessed with every possible less than 100% how you would do it kind of people, then it is yet another example of the complete incompetence of TDO management, and proves how much better universal is. (Sorry, I'm just getting tired of the same old run around on these forums, everyday I swear I'm going to stop reading, and everyday I come back like a moth to bug zapper... Maybe I just need more bran)
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom