Tower of Terror debuts new on-board video souvenir with Memory Maker and MagicBands

Maerj

No offense to anyone who likes this sort of thing but I never really understood the whole on ride photo thing. Sure it's funny to look at while walking out but I never had the urge to purchase one. One exception would be with the hitchhiking ghosts on Haunted Mansion but that's because the ghost would be in the picture. Otherwise, not interested.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I like the video for TOT but not sure what other rides they would be able to relay it to...
Splash Mountain could maybe work. They take the picture in mid drop but a video would probably work if it was taken at the bottom to see people's reaction after they have been soaked.

They can't practically give you a full ride video for a lot of rides, but it would be relatively easy to give you a 15 second clip that shows you zipping by. Probably best for slower sections of rides.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
And good grief people, it's going to be included with Memory Maker. So if you're already getting MM for the pictures then this is a bonus......:confused:
That's the way I see it too. It's a nice addition for anyone who gets Memory Maker. If you don't it's not taking away from your experience. The money made from Memory Maker should pay for the cameras and upkeep. It's a nice add and a good way to utilize magic band technology.

WDWFantasmicFan

Anyone got a clip of how the video turns our (youtube??). I don't like TOT so won't ride to find out! Lol! Any idea when this will be tested and implemented on other rides (esp. 7dmt)? There also seems to be a flash (on ride camera??) on 7dmt. Is this testing? Any news on this. Got some video of this,but will have to wait till I'm back home and can upload to pc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom