Tourists arrested for taking a "joyride on stolen Epcot golf cart"

WDWDad13

Oh won't somebody please think of the CHILDREN!?!?!

Give me a break, in none of these reports does it ever state that they were even in the parks. They could have been drinking in their room, come from off property, etc etc. This type of stuff happens everywhere. Look at baseball games. People get hammered there and you don't see any shortage of parents and kids or little leagues attending games, just like any sport, its well known that a proper sports fan is a drunken one.

But if they were in the parks, then you're right, Disney's attendance numbers next year will plummet and we will never see another e-ticket again. Oh the hum.....Oh, wait.
I knew someone would get their drunken panties in a wad over my statement lol. My point was simply this is bad PR regardless if they are "in a park" they are in the resort area period - and the news spins it to always just "Disney"

WDWDad13

This didn't take place inside a theme park. It took place at a hotel. Disney could say "no more alcohol sales on property, not even in hotel cocktail lounges", and this stupid stunt by these drunkards from New England would still have taken place.

They were both drinking cans of beer (classy!); and since bars don't serve beer in cans to customers it's likely that these guys brought in their own beer to their rooms at the Boardwalk hotel. How do you honestly expect Disney to prevent beer drinking by grown men at a hotel?

But in my opinion, this story is hilarious! I bet their wives are furious! :D
Bad PR regardless. I'm not saying alcohol is bad. Everyone needs to calm down and meet me in world showcase drinks on me lol

EpcoTim

I knew someone would get their drunken panties in a wad over my statement lol. My point was simply this is bad PR regardless if they are "in a park" they are in the resort area period - and the news spins it to always just "Disney"

What are you (were you) saying then?

Let's say someone takes a cab to downtown Disney and their wasted. They get out of the cab, walk 100 yards and pee in front of a huge group of foreign tourists and reporters.....

I know, Disney cuts off millions of dollars of liquor sales at all its properties because of one small incident that they had nothing to do with. Right? Keep the families happy, of course.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Bad PR... That's a single raindrop out of a million raindrops for Disney. Look at Carnival cruises - the damned things spewed excrement from the walls, died in the water, lost power, had fires... And people still cruise with them. Nobody will remember two idiots in a golf cart.

You should make a commercial for Carnival. I'm sure it would go over very well! <grin>

Though, Royal Carribean just had the whole back end of one of their ships burn to cinders...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...cruise-ship-that-caught-fire-describe-ordeal/

WDWDad13

What are you (were you) saying then?

Let's say someone takes a cab to downtown Disney and their wasted. They get out of the cab, walk 100 yards and pee in front of a huge group of foreign tourists and reporters.....

I know, Disney cuts off millions of dollars of liquor sales at all its properties because of one small incident that they had nothing to do with. Right? Keep the families happy, of course.
All I'm saying is its bad PR....if you haven't noticed someone could miss hitting the toilets in the tangled bathrooms and the media/press would have a headline about "Disney not offering customers what they need" or something negative.

The point is the headline isn't about 2 drunk guys it's about 2 guys doing something AT DISNEY

EpcoTim

All I'm saying is its bad PR....if you haven't noticed someone could miss hitting the toilets in the tangled bathrooms and the media/press would have a headline about "Disney not offering customers what they need" or something negative.

The point is the headline isn't about 2 drunk guys it's about 2 guys doing something AT DISNEY

I know what you're saying, but Disney can't control everything. Certain things they should (rightfully) just ignore. And like the old saying goes, theres no such thing as bad publicity. Family head-counts won't be down next year, but hardcore partiers from the New England.......their numbers will be WAYYYYYY UP.

VoiceGuy07

Hmm, yeah - come to think of it, we have BWIs (both Boating and Biking) around here... But they were generally on public walkways or waters. It problaby varies from state to state.

I have heard (though not totally confirmed) that local police were setting up speed trap checkpoints at "The Villages" because the seniors were having a blast then driving their upgraded golf carts home while somewhat under the influence. Don't know if it's public or private though.

FigmentsFangirl

I have heard (though not totally confirmed) that local police were setting up speed trap checkpoints at "The Villages" because the seniors were having a blast then driving their upgraded golf carts home while somewhat under the influence. Don't know if it's public or private though.
Very odd mental image that. But I can see it happening.

bsiev1977

The driver, holding one beer, was identified as Defendant Donald Michael Rossi Jr. The passenger, holding two beers, was identified as Defendant Michael Kulesza,'' the report said.​

This is the part that made me laugh.
Hey, the passenger didn't need to hold the wheel, thus he gets that bonus beer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom