TouringPlans Question - Has Anyone Tried This?

wdwwdeagle

In planning for our upcoming trip later this month, I was thinking about trying something new....

Usually, I try to go to the "Best Parks" recommendations on TouringPlans. Usually we have pretty good success, but sometimes it's a bust.

However, on this trip I was thinking about going to whichever park is left off of the list on certain days. Sometimes they have all 4 parks listed, either in the "Best Parks" or "Worst Parks" category. But on some days, there is one (or sometimes two parks) not listed in either category. The website and book say that they sometimes don't list a park if they "have no reason to recommend visiting or avoiding" it.

So has anyone ever tried purposely attending the "middle-ground" parks on their vacation? How has that worked out for you?

Also, even if you've never done it, does anyone have any thoughts on whether this might be a good strategy or a bad one?

Llamaface

In planning for our upcoming trip later this month, I was thinking about trying something new....

Usually, I try to go to the "Best Parks" recommendations on TouringPlans. Usually we have pretty good success, but sometimes it's a bust.

However, on this trip I was thinking about going to whichever park is left off of the list on certain days. Sometimes they have all 4 parks listed, either in the "Best Parks" or "Worst Parks" category. But on some days, there is one (or sometimes two parks) not listed in either category. The website and book say that they sometimes don't list a park if they "have no reason to recommend visiting or avoiding" it.

So has anyone ever tried purposely attending the "middle-ground" parks on their vacation? How has that worked out for you?

Also, even if you've never done it, does anyone have any thoughts on whether this might be a good strategy or a bad one?

I'm not really understanding your reasoning for trying this. Either you trust the suggestions by TouringPlans or you don't. It seems to me you're actually saying "OK, I trust their suggestions but instead of doing what they suggest as optimal, I'll take second or third place". Why?

Upvote 0

si23

Touring Plans suggestions are spot on - and their Wait Times iPhone application is always more correct that Disney's own Ride Boards...

There are plenty of visitors to WDW who wander and do their own thing and aren't worried about lines and wait times.

For those who ARE concerned about doing as much as they possibly can in the day or two they are in a particular park, there is nothing as well done as the Touring Plans. They are just plain old correct all of the time.

As to the unlisted parks for the day, it means exactly what it is -- they don't recommend you go that day, they also don't recommend you don't go. If the Best Park for the day as Epcot, and you have already gone to Epcot, then my all means try one of the other parks except the one to avoid for the day.

TOuring Plans has always been better advising what to do to maximize your day in whichever park you want to go to -- It tells you what NOT to do, not what To do...

If you follow their suggested plan for going to the attractions, though, rather than just wandering through the parks, you WILL find that you can get in every single attraction in one day, and even a few repeats.

Following the Epcot Plan, for example, is so spot on that you can be out of the park by 3:00 and have done EVERY attraction even on a busy day...but that means no lingering, no sit-down lunch, and for heavens sake, no character autographs.

disney ride boards are not very accurate at epcot cant remmember where there was a big electronic board with wait times for all the rides is said test track 90 mins got there and it was only 20. I have used touring plans as it works very well i never go to any parks at weekends and use them as pool days but if u hit all the popular attractions first thing in the morning i really think it doesn't matter where you go

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom