Touring plans error or slow?

mguimond1990

I usually check the touring plans “how we did yesterday” section and the past couple days it’s predicted 4/5 levels for most parks and 9/10 for HS due to Star Wars opening..but every park and day has been “actual crowd level: 1” are the parks really that slow right now? If so I hope it stays that way for our trip next week 😆

nickys

Premium Member
I usually check the touring plans “how we did yesterday” section and the past couple days it’s predicted 4/5 levels for most parks and 9/10 for HS due to Star Wars opening..but every park and day has been “actual crowd level: 1” are the parks really that slow right now? If so I hope it stays that way for our trip next week 😆

With Dorian heading towards Florida, yes it really has been that slow. A lot of people will have pushed reservations back or cancelled outright. Plus there was a power surge yesterday that closed all or most of MK rides for a while.

So I can’t in all honesty blame TP for getting it wrong.

Upvote 0

mguimond1990

Original Poster
I guess more of what I meant was is their system experiencing some sort of glitch/issue where it’s just showing all parks as having a “1” for levels. It just seemed odd that all parks for multiple days were that low..but it probably does have to do with Dorian and ppl shying away from Star Wars crowds.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I guess more of what I meant was is their system experiencing some sort of glitch/issue where it’s just showing all parks as having a “1” for levels. It just seemed odd that all parks for multiple days were that low..but it probably does have to do with Dorian and ppl shying away from Star Wars crowds.

Ah OK. Not sure.

@lentesta, do you think this a glitch or genuine very low crowd levels?

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Those were actual crowd levels of 1. Dorian has probably affected crowds from Saturday on. I think the Thursday and Friday crowds were probably less affected, and they were still very low.

Also, I think the posted wait times for Falcon have been higher than they would have been, because of operational issues. I know on Thursday and Friday, for example, some of the simulators were offline.

Upvote 0

mguimond1990

Original Poster
Those were actual crowd levels of 1. Dorian has probably affected crowds from Saturday on. I think the Thursday and Friday crowds were probably less affected, and they were still very low.

Also, I think the posted wait times for Falcon have been higher than they would have been, because of operational issues. I know on Thursday and Friday, for example, some of the simulators were offline.
Thank you for the insight. Fingers crossed it continues into the next week 😂

Upvote 0

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

Are you planning on making any changes to your analysis for the rest of your month based on this?

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Are you planning on making any changes to your analysis for the rest of your month based on this?

For the rest of September? We're going to see what the hurricane does, too. We have historical models for hurricane impacts, so we're going to try to combine them into one. I'll know more once we know what the hurricane is going to do.

Upvote 0

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
For the rest of September? We're going to see what the hurricane does, too. We have historical models for hurricane impacts, so we're going to try to combine them into one. I'll know more once we know what the hurricane is going to do.

Cool. I’m hoping for light crowds at the end of the month. That’s why I’m a subscriber. BTW your reservation finder is awesome. I’ve scored 3 hard to get reservations, including the California Grill Brunch!

Upvote 0

mikejs78

Premium Member
Cool. I’m hoping for light crowds at the end of the month. That’s why I’m a subscriber. BTW your reservation finder is awesome. I’ve scored 3 hard to get reservations, including the California Grill Brunch!
I second that. We planned a last minute trip for Feb, wife wanted to eat at BoG. Used the reservation finder and within a week we had a lunch reservation for the time we wanted. Have used it and the TP services many, many times with great success.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom