Touring MK with no fast passes

Zipadeelady

Unless you do a lot of zigzagging through the park to hit the big ones first I would pick a land/area and stick with it. ME...... I would hit the left side, PP, BTMRR, Splash, Pirates, JC and then HM. Then some of the rides that seem to have a less of a wait. Maybe by nightfall you can get the other big ones on the right side, Space, 7Dwarfs, Barnstormer...kidding.

I would plan on not hitting everything but I think you'll be surprised by how many you do. I think it will be nice not having to worry about FP times and getting somewhere at a specific time.

Have fun.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

We also have no fastpasses booked. I figure we will make a list as a family of the must dos, and get them out of the way over 7 days, then explore places like tom sawyer island like we didnt last time.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Decide on your most wanted to do attractions. Target them first. Getting to the park early does give you a bit of an advantage but youll still encounter lines at some point. Even with FP+ made, people end up in lines at some point so have patience, bring devices to pass the time in lines waiting. When you do encounter lines, decide if the attraction is worth the wait posted. If not, move onto someplace else. Some attractions do have less of a line when parades and fireworks take place so you may have better luck as the evenings wear on.

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
any suggestions
obviously get there before opening but what else?

Hmmm...depends a bit on few things...

#1 - as mentioned, what are you 'must-dos'
#2 - who is in your party and what are their priorities
#3 - how many days are you planning to be at MK
#4 - expected park hours and crowd levels when you are visiting (and EMH?)
#5 - is your group willing to split up to hit different people's 'must-dos'

But, if I (personally) had just one day in MK with no FP+, here's what I'd do...
In line 30 minutes before opening. At rope drop, I'd bee-line to Seven Dwarves followed by Peter Pan. Assuming it isn't a holiday, that's likely an hour to do those two. Then I'm headed to Haunted Mansion followed by Big Thunder Mountain. If it isn't too cold, I'd likely do Splash Mountian, too. I'd grab some food at Tortuga Tavern and then hit Pirates and Jungle Cruise. I have a feeling it would be mid-afternoon at this point, so I'd do some things with lighter lines - Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents, Small World, Little Mermaid, Philharmagic, Teacups, maybe Dumbo. After dinner, I'd try to do things in Tomorrowland.

We regularly visit at the highest crowd times of the year (4th of July or Christmas week, sometimes Easter week) so we are used to fighting crowds and making the most of our time. We also are past the need to do any Meet-and-Greets, which eat up a huge amount of time. That plan above would be my 'hit as many big attractions as possible in one day' plan. Personally, Space Mountain is not a favorite, thus I relegated it to 'maybe after dinner.' If you figure out your priorities and your total time and crowds, you might have a VERY different plan from my little idea!

Have fun planning!

PS - why no Fastpass Plus?

Upvote 0

twebber55

Original Poster
Hmmm...depends a bit on few things...

#1 - as mentioned, what are you 'must-dos'
#2 - who is in your party and what are their priorities
#3 - how many days are you planning to be at MK
#4 - expected park hours and crowd levels when you are visiting (and EMH?)
#5 - is your group willing to split up to hit different people's 'must-dos'

But, if I (personally) had just one day in MK with no FP+, here's what I'd do...
In line 30 minutes before opening. At rope drop, I'd bee-line to Seven Dwarves followed by Peter Pan. Assuming it isn't a holiday, that's likely an hour to do those two. Then I'm headed to Haunted Mansion followed by Big Thunder Mountain. If it isn't too cold, I'd likely do Splash Mountian, too. I'd grab some food at Tortuga Tavern and then hit Pirates and Jungle Cruise. I have a feeling it would be mid-afternoon at this point, so I'd do some things with lighter lines - Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents, Small World, Little Mermaid, Philharmagic, Teacups, maybe Dumbo. After dinner, I'd try to do things in Tomorrowland.

We regularly visit at the highest crowd times of the year (4th of July or Christmas week, sometimes Easter week) so we are used to fighting crowds and making the most of our time. We also are past the need to do any Meet-and-Greets, which eat up a huge amount of time. That plan above would be my 'hit as many big attractions as possible in one day' plan. Personally, Space Mountain is not a favorite, thus I relegated it to 'maybe after dinner.' If you figure out your priorities and your total time and crowds, you might have a VERY different plan from my little idea!

Have fun planning!

PS - why no Fastpass Plus?
thanks
mainly just wanted peoples opinions on what they would do

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom