Tour de France, anyone?

Heppenheimer

Original Poster
Just wondering if anyone out there is watching this year's addition. For many reasons, this is usually my favorite annual sporting event. But something just seems off this year. Is it the later start? The lower crowds? The lack of Chris Froome and Geraint Thomas? The disappointing performances of Peter Sagan and Egan Bernal? The lack of fireworks from Julian Alaphilippe and Nairo Quintana? No disrespect to Primož Roglič, who is currently in the lead, but other than his performance on the Col de la Loze, his racing could be described as more clinically efficient than exciting. Doping aside, you could never say that about Lance Armstrong or Alberto Contador.

Lilofan

Just wondering if anyone out there is watching this year's addition. For many reasons, this is usually my favorite annual sporting event. But something just seems off this year. Is it the later start? The lower crowds? The lack of Chris Froome and Geraint Thomas? The disappointing performances of Peter Sagan and Egan Bernal? The lack of fireworks from Julian Alaphilippe and Nairo Quintana? No disrespect to Primož Roglič, who is currently in the lead, but other than his performance on the Col de la Loze, his racing could be described as more clinically efficient than exciting. Doping aside, you could never say that about Lance Armstrong or Alberto Contador.
If there any Colombian cyclists in the race, I've seen them train in the mountain roads of Colombia when I was there in vacation. Those guys had great stamina.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom